39-Year-Old Watsonville Man Dies, 5 Injured in San Benito County Collision on Highway 25 near Flynn Road
San Benito County, California (August 23, 2021) – A multi-vehicle crash has claimed the life of a Watsonville man and left five other people injured Saturday night north of Hollister in San Benito County, authorities said.
The deadly crash occurred at around 7:00 p.m. Saturday, August 21 on Highway 25, just north of Flynn Road.
According to the California Highway Patrol, a gray Mazda 3 sedan, driven by a 27-year-old Tres Pinos man, was attempting to make a U-turn from the northbound lane of Highway 25.
The driver of the Mazda reportedly made the turn, directly into the path of a Chevrolet Suburban, driven by a 32-year-old San Jose man. The Chevrolet ultimately collided with left side of the Mazda.
The crash impact reportedly caused the Chevrolet to move into the southbound lane, where it collided head-on with a Honda Accord, driven by a 39-year-old Watsonville man
Deadly Car Crash on Highway 25 in San Benito County
The driver of the Accord was transported to Hazel Hawkins Hospital in Hollister where he later succumbed to his injuries. His name has not been disclosed pending notification of next of kin.
The driver of the Suburban and two of his passengers sustained moderate injuries while a third passenger had major injuries.
The driver of the Mazda sustained major injuries and was transported to Natividad Medical Center in Salinas.
It is undetermined whether alcohol or drugs played a role in the crash.
The accident remains under investigation.
Tips on What to do after a Car Accident in California
- Always stop and remain at the scene.
- Check if you or your passengers have been injured. In case someone is hurt, call emergency services or ask someone else to help.
- Get to safety – If your car is drivable, move it to a safe area. If it’s not, turn your hazard lights on and set up flares.
- Call 911 to report the accident.
- Never discuss or admit fault. Instead, wait for a police officer and insurance companies representatives to figure out the fault.
- Document the accident and exchange information with other drivers.
If you have lost someone you love in a car accident and need legal help, call our law office at Click to call : 866-803-6502 and talk to an accident attorney.