Person Killed in Upland Pedestrian Accident on North Mountain Avenue near West 11th Street
Upland, California (August 11, 2021) – A pedestrian died after being struck by a vehicle early Sunday morning in Upland, according to the San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department.
The fatal crash was reported at around 12:14 a.m. Sunday, August 8, on North Mountain Avenue near West 11th Street.
The pedestrian was transported by emergency responders to San Antonio Regional Hospital and was declared dead at around 12:43 a.m.
No further details about the crash were immediately provided.
The accident remains under investigation.
Notable Pedestrian Accident Statistics According to the California Office of Traffic Safety:
- 893 pedestrians were killed, and more than 14,000 were injured on California roadways in 2018.
- California’s pedestrian fatality is almost 25% higher than the national average.
- California is among the leading states in pedestrian deaths.
Safety Tips for Pedestrians
- Make yourself visible to other road users by wearing bright colored clothes, reflector jackets, or using a flashlight when walking at night.
- Avoid distractions such as using your phone while on the streets.
- Cross streets on marked crosswalks and obey traffic lights.
- Always pay attention to your surroundings.
- Be predictable by observing all traffic rules and obeying signs and signals.
Safety Tips for Drivers
- Look out for pedestrians, particularly in hard-to-see conditions, for example, at night and in bad weather.
- Yield and be ready to stop whenever a pedestrian has the right-of-way.
- Be cautious when parking or backing up – pedestrians can move across your path.
- Observe all traffic rules.
If you have lost someone you love in a pedestrian accident and need legal help, call our law office at Click to call : 866-803-6502 and talk to an accident attorney.