Tobias Plonski ID’d as Driver Injured in Idyllwild Car Crash on Lakeview Drive near Highway 243
Idyllwild, California (August 18, 2021) – Tobias Plonski, 56, of Palm Desert, has been identified as the driver who was injured Saturday afternoon following a traffic accident involving two vehicles in Idyllwild.
The two-vehicle collision happened at around 1:50 p.m. Saturday, August 14, on Lakeview Drive near Highway 243.
Authorities said Abigail Tsai, 32, of West Lake Village, was driving her silver 2003 Toyota Highlander westbound on Lakeview Drive when she tried to turn into the intersection.
For an unknown reason, the Highlander t-boned a gray 2003 Honda Element that was heading northbound on Highway 243 driven by Plonski.
After the impact, Plonski lost control of the vehicle, which crashed into the mountainside.
2-Vehicle Crash on Lakeview Drive in Idyllwild Sends 1 to Hospital
Plonski sustained minor injuries and was taken to Eisenhower Medical Center.
Tsai did not suffer any injuries.
Further details regarding the accident were not immediately provided.
The crash remains under investigation.
Tips on What to do after a Car Accident in California
- Always stop and remain at the scene.
- Check if you or your passengers have been injured. In case someone is hurt, call emergency services or ask someone else to help.
- Get to safety – If your car is drivable, move it to a safe area. If it’s not, turn your hazard lights on and set up flares.
- Call 911 to report the accident.
- Never discuss or admit fault. Instead, wait for a police officer and insurance companies representatives to figure out the fault.
- Document the accident and exchange information with other drivers.
If you or your loved one has been injured in a car accident and need legal help, call our law firm at Click to call : 866-803-6502 and talk to an accident attorney.