Minor Injuries Sustained in Templeton Train Accident on South Main Street near Templeton High School
Templeton, California (September 10, 2021) – Minor injuries were reported after an Amtrak train hit a truck in Templeton Friday afternoon, according to the California Highway Patrol.
The collision occurred shortly before 4:00 p.m. on the tracks near the 1200 block of South Main Street, just south of Templeton High School.
CHP said the truck hauling a utility bed was heading westbound over a private crossing when it was struck on the rear end by the train.
Due to the impact, the truck spun out of control and sent tools flying out of the vehicle.
Minor Injury Train Crash on South Main Street in Templeton
At least one person sustained minor injuries in the crash.
Further details about the crash were not immediately provided.
An investigation into the crash is ongoing.
Tips on What to do after a Car Accident in California
- Always stop and remain at the scene.
- Check if you or your passengers have been injured. In case someone is hurt, call emergency services or ask someone else to help.
- Get to safety – If your car is drivable, move it to a safe area. If it’s not, turn your hazard lights on and set up flares.
- Call 911 to report the accident.
- Never discuss or admit fault. Instead, wait for a police officer and insurance companies representatives to figure out the fault.
- Document the accident and exchange information with other drivers.
If you or your loved one has been injured in a car accident and need legal help, call our law firm at Click to call : 866-803-6502 and talk to an accident attorney.