Spring Valley Lake Accident at Spring Valley Parkway and Vista Point Drive Injures Pedestrian
Spring Valley Lake, California (September 8, 2021) – A woman was hurt following a pedestrian accident at an intersection in Spring Valley Lake Sunday evening.
At approximately 6:48 p.m., on September 5, the California Highway Patrol received a crash report involving a pedestrian and a vehicle at Spring Valley Parkway and Vista Point Drive.
A female party was reportedly hit by a white sedan at the Spring Valley intersection under unclear circumstances.
Spring Valley Lake Pedestrian Collision
The pedestrian sustained unknown injuries following the accident. Paramedics attended to the unidentified patient before transporting her to the Desert Regional Medical Center for further medical aid.
The sedan motorist remained at the scene and cooperated with the law enforces.
An investigation into the accident is underway.
Notable Pedestrian Accident Statistics According to the California Office of Traffic Safety:
- 893 pedestrians were killed, and more than 14,000 were injured on California roadways in 2018.
- California’s pedestrian fatality is almost 25% higher than the national average.
- California is among the leading states in pedestrian deaths.
Safety Tips for Pedestrians
- Make yourself visible to other road users by wearing bright colored clothes, reflector jackets, or using a flashlight when walking at night.
- Avoid distractions such as using your phone while on the streets.
- Cross streets on marked crosswalks and obey traffic lights.
- Always pay attention to your surroundings.
- Be predictable by observing all traffic rules and obeying signs and signals.
Were you or your loved one involved in a pedestrian accident? Contact Pacific Attorney Group for legal advice. Click to call : 866-803-6502.