At Least 1 Seriously Injured in San Luis Obispo Motorcycle Crash on Avila Beach Drive
San Luis Obispo, California (August 23, 2021) – At least one person was severely hurt in a motorcycle collision that happened Sunday afternoon in San Luis Obispo.
The California Highway Patrol said the wreck occurred at around 2:06 p.m. in the 560 block of Avila Beach Drive, just in front of Avila Valley Barn.
A Harley-Davidson Road King motorcycle collided with a silver Dodge pickup truck for unknown reasons.
Firefighters and paramedics responded to the scene to help those involved.
At least one person suffered major injuries in the accident, the report said.
Authorities are investigating to establish the cause of the collision.
An Overview of Motorcycle Accident Statistics in California
- More than 500 motorcyclists died, and more than 15,500 were injured in 2017 in California.
- About 80% of all annual motorcycle accidents result in injuries or death.
- California has over 800,000 registered motorcycles, the largest in the nation.
Tips for Safe Riding of Motorcycles
- Ensure you are properly licensed before riding a motorcycle.
- Practice how to operate a motorcycle properly.
- Wear the proper protection.
- Ride responsibly.
Were you or your loved one involved in a motorcycle accident? Contact Pacific Attorney Group for legal advice. Click to call : 866-803-6502.