Grant Hill Collision at Grant Hill 28th and K Streets Injures Police Officer, Suspect Arrested
San Diego, California (August 25, 2021) – A San Diego collision involving two vehicles Monday night in Grant Hill sent a San Diego Police officer to the hospital.
The major injury hit-and-run crash happened in the area of 28th and K Streets at about 11:30 p.m. on August 23
The accident began when a silver sedan ran a red light at the San Diego intersection for undetermined reasons.
In the process, the sedan t-boned an SUV driven by a San Diego Police officer.
San Diego Car Collision
The police officer, whose name was not revealed, sustained minor injuries in the accident and was rushed to a local hospital for medication.
The sedan motorist reportedly got out of their car and ran away on foot.
Officers apprehended a man thought to be the sedan’s owner and took him into custody.
An investigation into the accident is underway.
Tips on What to do after a Car Accident in California
- Always stop and remain at the scene.
- Check if you or your passengers have been injured. In case someone is hurt, call emergency services or ask someone else to help.
- Get to safety – If your car is drivable, move it to a safe area. If it’s not, turn your hazard lights on and set up flares.
- Call 911 to report the accident.
- Never discuss or admit fault. Instead, wait for a police officer and insurance companies representatives to figure out the fault.
- Document the accident and exchange information with other drivers.
If you or your loved one were involved in a car accident and need legal help, contact Pacific Attorney Group. Click to call : 866-803-6502.