1 Seriously Injured in Sacramento Car Crash on Highway 99 near Fruitridge
Sacramento, California (August 23, 2021) – One person was seriously injured early Sunday morning in a traffic accident involving five vehicles in Sacramento, according to the California Highway Patrol.
The major injury collision happened just after 2:00 a.m. Sunday, August 22, on Highway 99, just north of Fruitridge Road.
CHP said five vehicles collided for undetermined reasons on the southbound side of the highway. The impact caused one of the vehicles to overturn.
1 Hospitalized after Highway 99 Accident in Sacramento
One patient was transported to UC Davis Medical Center with major injuries. The name of the victim and their condition were not immediately available.
The crash prompted the CHP to temporarily close the southbound lanes of Highway 99 for one hour during the investigation and cleanup.
No other details about the crash were immediately provided.
The accident remains under investigation.
Tips on What to do after a Car Accident in California
- Always stop and remain at the scene.
- Check if you or your passengers have been injured. In case someone is hurt, call emergency services or ask someone else to help.
- Get to safety – If your car is drivable, move it to a safe area. If it’s not, turn your hazard lights on and set up flares.
- Call 911 to report the accident.
- Never discuss or admit fault. Instead, wait for a police officer and insurance companies representatives to figure out the fault.
- Document the accident and exchange information with other drivers.
If you or your loved one has been injured in a car accident and need legal help, call our law firm at Click to call : 866-803-6502 and talk to an accident attorney.