1 Hospitalized with Severe Injuries after Sacramento Car Crash at Howe Avenue and Arden Way
Sacramento, California (August 24, 2021) – One person was trapped in a burning vehicle after a multi-car collision that happened Tuesday afternoon in Sacramento, according to the California Highway Patrol.
The pileup occurred at around 1:31 p.m. at the intersection of Howe Avenue and Arden Way.
CHP said a green Chevrolet pickup truck collided with three other cars under unclear circumstances.
The pickup truck acquired major front-end damage and caught fire in the engine with a male party trapped in the vehicle. Another car overturned after the first impact.
Bystanders were using a fire extinguisher to put the fire out while attempting to free the trapped party.
Sacramento Fire Department responded to the scene shortly after the crash and helped the motorists.
The male party who was trapped was taken to the hospital with major injuries, the report said.
The Nos. 1 and 2 lanes remained blocked for an unknown period following the accident.
Tips on What to do after a Car Accident in California
- Always stop and remain at the scene.
- Check if you or your passengers have been injured. In case someone is hurt, call emergency services or ask someone else to help.
- Get to safety – If your car is drivable, move it to a safe area. If it’s not, turn your hazard lights on and set up flares.
- Call 911 to report the accident.
- Never discuss or admit fault. Instead, wait for a police officer and insurance companies representatives to figure out the fault.
- Document the accident and exchange information with other drivers.
If you or your loved one were involved in a car accident and need legal help, contact Pacific Attorney Group. Click to call : 866-803-6502.