Rory Antoine ID’d as Person Killed in Anaheim Crash on State Route 57
Anaheim, California (August 25, 2021) – The person who died after a loaded dump truck slammed into two apartment buildings Tuesday afternoon in Anaheim has been identified as Rory Antoine, 61.
The California Highway Patrol said the deadly collision happened at about 12:45 p.m. Tuesday, August 24, on State Route 57.
According to the CHP, the truck slid down the off-ramp to State Route 57 and careened across a road.
The big rig then crashed through a carport wall and into an apartment building, where it pushed a resident into a second apartment building.
Deadly Car Crash on SR 57 in Anaheim
Antoine was pronounced dead at the scene.
The truck driver sustained minor to moderate injuries and was transported to UCI Medical Center for treatment.
No additional information about the accident was provided.
An investigation into the accident is ongoing.
Tips on What to do after a Car Accident in California
- Always stop and remain at the scene.
- Check if you or your passengers have been injured. In case someone is hurt, call emergency services or ask someone else to help.
- Get to safety – If your car is drivable, move it to a safe area. If it’s not, turn your hazard lights on and set up flares.
- Call 911 to report the accident.
- Never discuss or admit fault. Instead, wait for a police officer and insurance companies representatives to figure out the fault.
- Document the accident and exchange information with other drivers.
If you have lost someone you love in a car accident and need legal help, call our law office at Click to call : 866-803-6502 and talk to an accident attorney.