Rider Hospitalized with Major Injuries after Palmdale Motorcycle Collision on Angeles Forest Highway
Palmdale, California (September 12, 2021) – A motorcyclist was hospitalized with serious injuries after colliding with a car Saturday night in Palmdale, according to the California Highway Patrol.
The collision transpired at about 8:07 p.m. on southbound Angeles Forest Highway near Mile marker 12.45.
The motorcyclist collided with a dark-colored SUV for unknown reasons.
The rider was down in the southbound lanes, and Good Samaritans were around him trying to assist.
Firefighters responded to the scene and confirmed that the male rider suffered serious injuries. A helicopter was requested to airlift the patient to the hospital.
CHP is investigating to determine the cause of the accident.
An Overview of Motorcycle Accident Statistics in California
- More than 500 motorcyclists died, and more than 15,500 were injured in 2017 in California.
- About 80% of all annual motorcycle accidents result in injuries or death.
- California has over 800,000 registered motorcycles, the largest in the nation.
Tips for Safe Riding of Motorcycles
- Ensure you are properly licensed before riding a motorcycle.
- Practice how to operate a motorcycle properly.
- Wear the proper protection.
- Ride responsibly.
Were you or your loved one involved in a motorcycle accident? Contact Pacific Attorney Group for legal advice. Click to call : 866-803-6502.