1 Killed, Several Injured in Oakland Crash on Interstate 580 near Dutton Avenue Off-Ramp
Oakland, California (September 15, 2021) – One person was killed and several other people were injured Tuesday night in a pileup crash in East Oakland, according to the California Highway Patrol.
The crash was reported just after 9:00 p.m. Tuesday, September 14, on Interstate 580 near the Dutton Avenue exit.
The CHP said two vehicles collided on Interstate 580. After the impact, one of the involved vehicles slammed into a center median and stopped in the fast lane while the other vehicle came to rest in the slow lane.
That accident triggered a pileup crash involving at least six other vehicles. At least one vehicle rolled over following the collision.
Deadly Multi-Vehicle Crash on Interstate 580 in Oakland
Firefighters along with the paramedics responded to the scene and rendered aid to several people who were injured as a result of the crash. One patient died while en route to a hospital.
All lanes of Interstate 580 were closed due to the crash.
The collision remains under investigation. Anyone with information about the crash is urged to contact the CHP Oakland at 510-450-3821 or 800-TELL-CHP.
Tips on What to do after a Car Accident in California
- Always stop and remain at the scene.
- Check if you or your passengers have been injured. In case someone is hurt, call emergency services or ask someone else to help.
- Get to safety – If your car is drivable, move it to a safe area. If it’s not, turn your hazard lights on and set up flares.
- Call 911 to report the accident.
- Never discuss or admit fault. Instead, wait for a police officer and insurance companies representatives to figure out the fault.
- Document the accident and exchange information with other drivers.
If you have lost someone you love in a car accident and need legal help, call our law office at Click to call : 866-803-6502 and talk to an accident attorney.