Lakeside Accident at Mapleview Street and Vine Street Sends Bicyclist to Hospital
Lakeside, California (August 11, 2021) – A bicyclist was hurt in a collision with a vehicle at an intersection in Lakeside late Monday night.
The California Highway Patrol responded to the crash site at approximately 11:10 p.m. in the area of Mapleview Street and Vine Street.
As per the CHP report, a bicyclist was hit by a vehicle at the Lakeside intersection near Highway 67 under unclear circumstances.
Lakeside Bicycle Accident
The unidentified rider sustained unspecified injuries in the crash and was taken to the Sharp Memorial Hospital by medical personnel for medication.
Details about the involved motorist were not immediately available at the report time.
The accident resulted in the closure of the intersection for an unknown time.
An investigation into the crash is underway.
Tips on What to do after a Car Accident in California
- Always stop and remain at the scene.
- Check if you or your passengers have been injured. In case someone is hurt, call emergency services or ask someone else to help.
- Get to safety – If your car is drivable, move it to a safe area. If it’s not, turn your hazard lights on and set up flares.
- Call 911 to report the accident.
- Never discuss or admit fault. Instead, wait for a police officer and insurance companies representatives to figure out the fault.
- Document the accident and exchange information with other drivers.
If you or your loved one has been injured in a car accident and need legal help, call our law firm at Click to call : 866-803-6502 and talk to an accident attorney.