Motorcyclist Hospitalized after Kern County Crash at Ward Avenue and Strecker Street
Kern County, California (September 11, 2021) – A rider was hospitalized with serious injuries after being involved in a traffic collision at an intersection in China Lake Acres Friday afternoon.
The motorcycle crash took place at approximately 4:50 p.m. in the area of Ward Avenue and Strecker Street in Kern County.
The California Highway Patrol did not immediately establish how a vehicle crashed with the motorcycle at the China Lake Acres intersection.
Major Injury Kern County Crash
Due to the impact, the rider was ejected from the bike and sustained major injuries.
The unidentified victim was attended to by paramedics before being taken to an area hospital for further treatment.
An investigation into the accident is underway.
An Overview of Motorcycle Accident Statistics in California
- More than 500 motorcyclists died, and more than 15,500 were injured in 2017 in California.
- About 80% of all annual motorcycle accidents result in injuries or death.
- California has over 800,000 registered motorcycles, the largest in the nation.
Tips for Safe Riding of Motorcycles
- Ensure you are properly licensed before riding a motorcycle.
- Practice how to operate a motorcycle properly.
- Wear the proper protection.
- Ride responsibly.
Were you or your loved one involved in a motorcycle accident? Contact Pacific Attorney Group for legal advice. Click to call : 866-803-6502 and talk to an accident attorney.