Motorcyclist Hospitalized after Kearny Mesa Accident on Convoy Street near Clairemont Mesa Boulevard
Kearny Mesa, California (August 6, 2021) – A rider was hospitalized after being involved in a traffic collision Thursday afternoon in Kearny Mesa, according to a report by the San Diego Police Department.
The fatal crash occurred at about 11:36 p.m. on Convoy Street near Clairemont Mesa Boulevard.
A motorcycle ridden by a 57-year-old man ran a red light before being hit by a car that was turning left onto Convoy Street from Clairemont Mesa Boulevard in the night hours.
Kearny Mesa Motorcycle Accident
The motorcyclist sustained a compound leg fracture following the collision. The unidentified victim was rushed to an area hospital for medication.
There were no other victims hurt in the collision.
An investigation into the accident is underway.
An Overview of Motorcycle Accident Statistics in California
- More than 500 motorcyclists died, and more than 15,500 were injured in 2017 in California.
- About 80% of all annual motorcycle accidents result in injuries or death.
- California has over 800,000 registered motorcycles, the largest in the nation.
Tips for Safe Riding of Motorcycles
- Ensure you are properly licensed before riding a motorcycle.
- Practice how to operate a motorcycle properly.
- Wear the proper protection.
- Ride responsibly.
Pacific Attorney Group passes condolences to the family and friends of the deceased. If your loved one was involved in a motorcycle accident, call our law office at Click to call : 866-803-6502 and talk to an accident attorney.