Israel Lara ID’d as Man Killed in Fresno County Collision at Highway 180 and Oliver Street near Sanger
Fresno County, California (August 8, 2021) – The man who died Saturday afternoon following a three-vehicle crash in Fresno County has been identified as Israel Lara, 60, of Sanger.
According to California Highway Patrol, the deadly crash occurred at around 2:20 p.m. Saturday, August 7, at the intersection of Highway 180 and Oliver Street near Sanger.
CHP said Lara was driving a Ford Escort southbound on Oliver Street and stopped at the intersection.
Lara then pulled out in front of a vehicle that was heading westbound on Highway 180. A Hyundai Tucson, driven by a man in his 40s, ultimately crashed into the driver-side door of the Escort.
A man in his 30s driving a Ford Econoline van westbound on Highway 180 drifted to avoid the Hyundai but ended up colliding with it.
Following the collision, the three vehicles came to a stop on the northwest side of Oliver north of the highway.
Man Killed in Sanger Multi-Vehicle Crash Identified
Lara was declared deceased at the scene.
Other parties in the other two vehicles were transported to a nearby hospital with minor injuries.
It is undetermined whether drugs or alcohol were a factor in the collision.
No further details were available.
Authorities are working to determine the cause of the collision.
Tips on What to do after a Car Accident in California
- Always stop and remain at the scene.
- Check if you or your passengers have been injured. In case someone is hurt, call emergency services or ask someone else to help.
- Get to safety – If your car is drivable, move it to a safe area. If it’s not, turn your hazard lights on and set up flares.
- Call 911 to report the accident.
- Never discuss or admit fault. Instead, wait for a police officer and insurance companies representatives to figure out the fault.
- Document the accident and exchange information with other drivers.
If you have lost someone you love in a car accident and need legal help, call our law office at Click to call : 866-803-6502 and talk to an accident attorney.