7 People Injured, 2 Seriously, in Indio Collision at Jefferson Street and Avenue 42
Indio, California (August 10, 2021) – Seven people were injured, two seriously, following a traffic collision at an intersection in Indio Tuesday afternoon, a local news source reported.
The major injury crash occurred at about 2:06 p.m. at the intersection of Jefferson Street and Avenue 42.
According to the local news report, two vehicles collided for unknown reasons at the Indio intersection.
Major Injury Car Accident in Indio
A total of seven people were injured as a result of the collision. Two patients sustained major injuries, four suffered moderate injuries, and one person had minor injuries.
The names of the victims and their conditions were not immediately disclosed.
No further details regarding the collision were immediately provided.
The Indio Police Department and California Highway Patrol are investigating the accident.
Tips on What to do after a Car Accident in California
- Always stop and remain at the scene.
- Check if you or your passengers have been injured. In case someone is hurt, call emergency services or ask someone else to help.
- Get to safety – If your car is drivable, move it to a safe area. If it’s not, turn your hazard lights on and set up flares.
- Call 911 to report the accident.
- Never discuss or admit fault. Instead, wait for a police officer and insurance companies representatives to figure out the fault.
- Document the accident and exchange information with other drivers.
If you or your loved one has been injured in a car accident and need legal help, call our law firm at Click to call : 866-803-6502 and talk to an accident attorney.