Harold Sawyer Injured in Deadly Vacaville Accident on Interstate 80 at Interstate 505 Junction
Vacaville, California (August 12, 2021) – Harold Sawyer, Jr., 71, of Albany was injured in a deadly crash early Thursday morning in Vacaville, according to the California Highway Patrol.
The incident took place at about 4:54 a.m. on Interstate 80 at the interchange of Interstate 505.
According to the CHP, a 33-year-old Alameda woman was driving a Toyota Camry on the highway when she swerved into the center median. The car then drifted back into the roadway and collided with a Hyundai Ioniq driven by Sawyer.
The Toyota was then hit by a Honda Civic, a Volkswagen, and a GMC Sierra.
Harold Sawyer Injured in Fatal Vacaville Accident on I-80
The driver of the Toyota, whose name was not released, was ejected from her vehicle and died at the scene.
Sawyer and the driver of the Volkswagen were both taken to Kaiser Permanente Medical Center in Vacaville with minor injuries.
No other injuries were reported.
The CHP is investigating the incident.
Tips on What to do after a Car Accident in California
- Always stop and remain at the scene.
- Check if you or your passengers have been injured. In case someone is hurt, call emergency services or ask someone else to help.
- Get to safety – If your car is drivable, move it to a safe area. If it’s not, turn your hazard lights on and set up flares.
- Call 911 to report the accident.
- Never discuss or admit fault. Instead, wait for a police officer and insurance companies representatives to figure out the fault.
- Document the accident and exchange information with other drivers.
If you or your loved one has been injured in a car accident and need legal help, call our law firm at Click to call : 866-803-6502 and talk to an accident attorney.