Leimert Park Accident at Crenshaw Boulevard and 39th Street Kills Gwendolyn Pointer
Leimert Park, California (August 9, 2021) – 60-year-old Gwendolyn Pointer, of Baldwin Hills, has been identified as the woman who died after being struck by a vehicle at an intersection in Leimert Park Monday morning, according to a report by the Los Angeles Police Department.
The deadly hit-and-run pedestrian crash happened at approximately 3:00 a.m. at 39th Street and Crenshaw Boulevard.
Gwendolyn was reportedly struck by a vehicle whose driver fled the scene without rendering aid to her.
Gwendolyn Pointer Fatal Leimert Park Crash
Sadly, Gwendolyn Pointer was pronounced dead at the scene.
Meanwhile, a possible suspect later surrendered to authorities
Limited details about this accident were released at the report time.
Notable Pedestrian Accident Statistics According to the California Office of Traffic Safety:
- 893 pedestrians were killed, and more than 14,000 were injured on California roadways in 2018.
- California’s pedestrian fatality is almost 25% higher than the national average.
- California is among the leading states in pedestrian deaths.
Safety Tips for Pedestrians
- Make yourself visible to other road users by wearing bright colored clothes, reflector jackets, or using a flashlight when walking at night.
- Avoid distractions such as using your phone while on the streets.
- Cross streets on marked crosswalks and obey traffic lights.
- Always pay attention to your surroundings.
- Be predictable by observing all traffic rules and obeying signs and signals.
If you have lost someone you love in a pedestrian accident and need legal help, call our law office at Click to call : 866-803-6502 and talk to an accident attorney.