1 Seriously Injured in Gridley Car Crash on Larkin Road at E Evans Reimer Road
Gridley, California (August 7, 2021) – One person was sent to the hospital with serious injuries after a traffic collision involving a semi-truck that happened Saturday night in Gridley, the California Highway Patrol said.
The accident happened at about 9:10 p.m. on southbound Larkin Road at E Evans Reimer Road.
Authorities said a Honda 4-door sedan ran into the back of a semi-truck for unknown reasons.
The driver of the semi did not notice the crash and continued driving southbound.
A passenger in the sedan was unresponsive after the collision.
Firefighters and paramedics responded to the scene and transported one person to Rideout Memorial Hospital with serious injuries.
The semi-truck was possibly carrying peaches at the time of the crash, and Oroville Police Department was requested to respond to the cannery in Oroville to look for it.
CHP is investigating to determine the cause of the collision.
Tips on What to do after a Car Accident in California
- Always stop and remain at the scene.
- Check if you or your passengers have been injured. In case someone is hurt, call emergency services or ask someone else to help.
- Get to safety – If your car is drivable, move it to a safe area. If it’s not, turn your hazard lights on and set up flares.
- Call 911 to report the accident.
- Never discuss or admit fault. Instead, wait for a police officer and insurance companies representatives to figure out the fault.
- Document the accident and exchange information with other drivers.
If you or your loved one were involved in a car accident and need legal help, contact Pacific Attorney Group. Click to call : 866-803-6502.