Two Killed, Four Injured in Fresno County Collision on Highway 180 and James Road
Fresno County, California (August 16, 2021) – Two people were killed and four others were injured Monday evening in an alleged DUI crash in Fresno County, the California Highway Patrol reported.
The deadly collision was reported shortly before 6:30 p.m. at the intersection of Highway 180 and James Road and involved three vehicles.
According to the CHP, a 60-year-old man was driving an SUV westbound on Highway 180 when, for unknown reasons, the SUV veered off the road.
The 60-year-old man swerved back onto the road and crossed over into the eastbound lane, where his SUV collided head-on with a van driven by a 21-year-old man.
A truck traveling in the eastbound lane swerved out of the way to avoid the collision but ended up overturning.
Deadly Car Crash on Highway 180 in Fresno County
The van driver was declared dead at the scene while the SUV driver was transported to a local hospital, where he later succumbed to his injuries. The names of the victims have not been disclosed pending notification of their respective families.
Emergency responders transported a right-front passenger and two juvenile passengers in the van to a nearby hospital with moderate to major injuries.
The driver of the truck, a 60-year-old man, sustained moderate injuries.
Authorities later determined the driver of the SUV was under the influence of alcohol at the time of the accident.
No further details about the crash were immediately provided.
The accident remains under investigation.
Tips on What to do after a Car Accident in California
- Always stop and remain at the scene.
- Check if you or your passengers have been injured. In case someone is hurt, call emergency services or ask someone else to help.
- Get to safety – If your car is drivable, move it to a safe area. If it’s not, turn your hazard lights on and set up flares.
- Call 911 to report the accident.
- Never discuss or admit fault. Instead, wait for a police officer and insurance companies representatives to figure out the fault.
- Document the accident and exchange information with other drivers.
If you have lost someone you love in a car accident and need legal help, call our law office at Click to call : 866-803-6502 and talk to an accident attorney.