At Least 1 Killed in Firebaugh Car Crash on Highway 33 at N Douglas Avenue
Firebaugh, California (August 16, 2021) – At least one person died in a fiery collision that happened early Monday morning in Firebaugh, the California Highway Patrol reported.
The wreck took place at about 3:25 a.m. on Highway 33 at N Douglas Avenue.
CHP said a tomato truck collided with another vehicle at the intersection for unknown reasons.
The second vehicle caught fire after the impact, with a party possibly still inside the car.
Tomatoes from the truck were scattered in the roadway.
At least one person was killed in the accident, the report said.
Two tow trucks and a sweeper were needed to clear the roadway.
CHP is investigating to determine the cause of the collision.
Tips on What to do after a Car Accident in California
- Always stop and remain at the scene.
- Check if you or your passengers have been injured. In case someone is hurt, call emergency services or ask someone else to help.
- Get to safety – If your car is drivable, move it to a safe area. If it’s not, turn your hazard lights on and set up flares.
- Call 911 to report the accident.
- Never discuss or admit fault. Instead, wait for a police officer and insurance companies representatives to figure out the fault.
- Document the accident and exchange information with other drivers.
If you or your loved one were involved in a car accident and need legal help, contact Pacific Attorney Group. Click to call : 866-803-6502.