Felipe Martinez Seriously Injured in Los Banos Collision on Highway 152 at Volta Road
Los Banos, California (August 16, 2021) – Felipe Martinez, 53, of San Jose, was airlifted to a hospital after being involved in a deadly traffic collision Saturday morning west of Los Banos, the California Highway Patrol reported.
The crash, involving two vehicles, occurred at about 7:10 a.m. Saturday, August 14 in the area of Highway 152 and Volta Road.
CHP said a Ford F-350 hauling a trailer was traveling southbound on Volta Road when the driver tried to cross the highway.
As the Ford attempted to travel southbound across the eastbound lanes, the driver failed to see a 2013 Hyundai Elantra driven by Martinez, who was traveling in the No. 2 eastbound lane.
The Ford reportedly went directly into the path of the Hyundai. The Ford ultimately collided head-on with the Hyundai.
Woman Killed, 2 Injured in 2-Vehicle Crash in Los Banos
Martinez was airlifted to Doctors Hospital in Modesto with major but non-life-threatening injuries. His front passenger, a 55-year-old woman, suffered life-threatening injuries and was taken to the hospital, where she later succumbed to her injuries.
The driver of the Ford sustained minor injuries but declined medical treatment.
Alcohol or drugs were not considered a factor in the crash.
The accident remains under investigation.
Tips on What to do after a Car Accident in California
- Always stop and remain at the scene.
- Check if you or your passengers have been injured. In case someone is hurt, call emergency services or ask someone else to help.
- Get to safety – If your car is drivable, move it to a safe area. If it’s not, turn your hazard lights on and set up flares.
- Call 911 to report the accident.
- Never discuss or admit fault. Instead, wait for a police officer and insurance companies representatives to figure out the fault.
- Document the accident and exchange information with other drivers.
If you or your loved one has been injured in a car accident and need legal help, call our law firm at Click to call : 866-803-6502 and talk to an accident attorney.