At Least 1 Severely Hurt in Desert Hot Springs Crash on Interstate 10 near Indian Canyon Drive
Desert Hot Springs, California (August 23, 2021) – A Sunday evening fiery car collision that happened on Interstate 10 in Desert Hot Springs left at least one person with severe injuries, the California Highway Patrol said.
The collision transpired at around 6:49 p.m. in the westbound lanes of the freeway near Indian Canyon Drive.
A red Dodge Challenger and a pickup truck were involved in the accident.
Both vehicles caught fire after the first impact.
Calfire responded to the scene to help the motorists.
At least one person suffered severe injuries in the crash. An ambulance was dispatched to the scene to take the patient to the hospital.
CHP is investigating to determine the cause of the collision.
Tips on What to do after a Car Accident in California
- Always stop and remain at the scene.
- Check if you or your passengers have been injured. In case someone is hurt, call emergency services or ask someone else to help.
- Get to safety – If your car is drivable, move it to a safe area. If it’s not, turn your hazard lights on and set up flares.
- Call 911 to report the accident.
- Never discuss or admit fault. Instead, wait for a police officer and insurance companies representatives to figure out the fault.
- Document the accident and exchange information with other drivers.
If you or your loved one were involved in a car accident and need legal help, contact Pacific Attorney Group. Click to call : 866-803-6502.