1 Killed, 1 Injured in Corona Crash on 15 Freeway at El Cerrito Road
Corona, California (September 14, 2021) – One person was killed and another was injured early Tuesday morning in a car crash in Corona, according to the California Highway Patrol.
At about 3:55 a.m., the CHP officers responded to the 15 Freeway at El Cerrito Road to investigate a report of a traffic collision.
When the officers arrived, they found a small Toyota had been involved in the crash. A semi-truck was on the right-hand shoulder of the freeway, but its role in the crash was not immediately known.
Deadly Car Crash on 15 Freeway in Corona
One person, whose name has not been disclosed pending family notification, died in the crash.
The CHP said one passenger was transported to Corona Regional Medical Center with unspecified injuries. It was not immediately clear whether the patient was a passenger in the Toyota or the semi.
No further details regarding the crash were immediately given.
The collision remains under investigation.
Tips on What to do after a Car Accident in California
- Always stop and remain at the scene.
- Check if you or your passengers have been injured. In case someone is hurt, call emergency services or ask someone else to help.
- Get to safety – If your car is drivable, move it to a safe area. If it’s not, turn your hazard lights on and set up flares.
- Call 911 to report the accident.
- Never discuss or admit fault. Instead, wait for a police officer and insurance companies representatives to figure out the fault.
- Document the accident and exchange information with other drivers.
If you have lost someone you love in a car accident and need legal help, call our law office at Click to call : 866-803-6502 and talk to an accident attorney.