Two Teen Girls Seriously Injured in Chula Vista Pedestrian Accident at 4th Avenue and Park Way
Chula Vista, California (August 24, 2021) – Two teenage girls were injured after being struck by a vehicle Monday evening at an intersection in Chula Vista, according to authorities.
The major injury accident occurred at around 7:40 p.m. Monday, August 23, at the intersection of 4th Avenue and Park Way.
Authorities said the two girls were walking eastbound across Fourth Avenue inside a marked crosswalk at Park Way when, for unknown reasons, they were hit by a northbound vehicle.
2 Pedestrians Injured After Being Hit by Vehicle in Chula Vista
Emergency personnel responded to the scene and provided medical aid to the girls who sustained serious injuries as a result of the crash. One of them was taken to a hospital in San Diego in stable condition, while the other was hospitalized in critical condition.
The driver involved stopped at the scene and cooperated with the authorities. Alcohol or drugs were not considered a factor in the crash.
Fourth Avenue between F and G streets was closed while the investigation took place.
No other details about the crash were immediately provided.
The accident remains under investigation.
Tips on What to do after a Car Accident in California
- Always stop and remain at the scene.
- Check if you or your passengers have been injured. In case someone is hurt, call emergency services or ask someone else to help.
- Get to safety – If your car is drivable, move it to a safe area. If it’s not, turn your hazard lights on and set up flares.
- Call 911 to report the accident.
- Never discuss or admit fault. Instead, wait for a police officer and insurance companies representatives to figure out the fault.
- Document the accident and exchange information with other drivers.
If you or your loved one has been injured in a car accident and need legal help, call our law firm at Click to call : 866-803-6502 and talk to an accident attorney.