1 Suffers Major Injuries in Belmont Crash on Highway 101 near Ralston Avenue Off-Ramp
Belmont, California (September 13, 2021) – A rider was seriously injured in a Belmont crash that happened Sunday afternoon on Highway 101 involving a Tilleys scooter and a car, according to the California Highway Patrol.
A female driver called authorities at around 5:52 p.m. reporting that a motorcyclist crashed into her black Hyundai Sonata at the Ralston Avenue off-ramp.
The driver pulled to the right-hand shoulder after the crash, and the rider and the scooter were down in the No. 2 lane.
Another party called authorities saying the rider was possibly recklessly driving prior to the collision.
Emergency crews responded to the scene to help the rider who suffered major injuries in the accident.
The scooter was towed away with rollover damage.
A witness who was behind the parties involved told authorities that they have a dash camera footage of the traffic collision but was at home in San Jose.
CHP is investigating the incident.
An Overview of Motorcycle Accident Statistics in California
- More than 500 motorcyclists died, and more than 15,500 were injured in 2017 in California.
- About 80% of all annual motorcycle accidents result in injuries or death.
- California has over 800,000 registered motorcycles, the largest in the nation.
Tips for Safe Riding of Motorcycles
- Ensure you are properly licensed before riding a motorcycle.
- Practice how to operate a motorcycle properly.
- Wear the proper protection.
- Ride responsibly.
Were you or your loved one involved in a motorcycle accident? Contact Pacific Attorney Group for legal advice. Click to call : 866-803-6502.