Man Suffers Major Injuries in Bakersfield Pedestrian Accident at 24th and Oak Streets
Bakersfield, California (August 24, 2021) – A pedestrian was critically injured after being struck by a vehicle Monday night at an intersection in Bakersfield, authorities said.
The authorities responded to the area of 24th and Oak streets shortly after 11:40 p.m. Monday, August 23, to investigate the report about a pedestrian having been struck by a vehicle.
Emergency personnel arrived at the scene and found a man within the intersection and suffering from major injuries. He was transported to a nearby hospital, where he was listed in critical condition.
The man driving the vehicle stopped at the scene and cooperated with authorities.
Alcohol or drugs were not considered a factor in the crash.
The accident remains under investigation. Anyone with information about the crash is urged to contact the Bakersfield Police Department at 661-327-7111.
Tips on What to do after a Car Accident in California
- Always stop and remain at the scene.
- Check if you or your passengers have been injured. In case someone is hurt, call emergency services or ask someone else to help.
- Get to safety – If your car is drivable, move it to a safe area. If it’s not, turn your hazard lights on and set up flares.
- Call 911 to report the accident.
- Never discuss or admit fault. Instead, wait for a police officer and insurance companies representatives to figure out the fault.
- Document the accident and exchange information with other drivers.
If you or your loved one has been injured in a car accident and need legal help, call our law firm at Click to call : 866-803-6502 and talk to an accident attorney.