Our Pacifica Car Accident Lawyers Can Help You
Pacifica, located in San Mateo County, California, lies on the Pacific Ocean coast, situated between San Francisco and Half Moon Bay. The city spans over a 6-mile stretch of sandy beaches and hills in the north-central region of California. The region is composed of multiple small valleys that are distributed between Sweeney Ridge in the east, Montara Mountain to the south, and the rocky bluffs of the Pacific Ocean to the west. Our promising Pacifica CA car accident lawyers can help you in settling your claim in the quickest manner. Call us for a free consultation now!
Time Limit for Pursuing Car Accident Claim in Pacifica, CA
California personal injury laws allow individuals who have been injured due to the negligence or intentional actions of others to seek compensation for their losses. The laws cover a wide range of incidents, including car accidents, slips and falls, medical malpractice, and more.
In California, you have two years from the date of the injury to file a personal injury lawsuit. This is known as the statute of limitations. If you fail to file within this time frame, you may lose your right to seek compensation.
Can I Still Claim Compensation If I Was Partly- At- Fault in a Car Accident in Pacifica, CA?
California follows a comparative negligence system, which means that your compensation may be reduced if you are found to be partially at fault for the incident. For example, if you were injured in a car accident but were not wearing a seatbelt, your compensation may be reduced to reflect your level of fault in the accident.
If you are considering filing a personal injury or car accident lawsuit in California, it is important to seek the guidance of an experienced Pacifica, CA car accident lawyer who can help you navigate the legal process and maximize your compensation.
How to Maximize Compensation in a Car Accident Claim in Pacifica, CA?
To maximize compensation for personal injury in Pacifica, California, there are several steps you can take.
- First, it is important to preserve evidence by taking photos and collecting witness information. This can help establish liability and the extent of your injuries.
- Second, seek medical treatment and document your injuries fully, including any ongoing treatment or future medical needs.
- Third, value your claim fully and do not accept inadequate offers. Consider future damages, such as lost wages and potential long-term medical expenses.
- Fourth, build your case methodically and do not wait to file. It is important to consult with an experienced personal injury attorney who can help guide you through the process and negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf.
- Fifth, stay off social media, as insurance companies may use your posts against you.
By following these steps and working with a skilled Pacifica, CA car accident lawyer, you may be able to obtain a fair settlement or win your car accident case.
Damages That a Car Accident Victim can seek in Pacifica CA
In California, a car accident victim can seek both economic and non-economic damages resulting from the accident.
- Economic damages may include medical expenses, property damage, lost wages, and other out-of-pocket expenses related to the accident.
- Non-economic damages may include pain and suffering, emotional distress, and loss of enjoyment of life. There is no cap on damages in personal injury or car accident cases in California.
However, it is important to note that California follows a pure comparative negligence jurisdiction, which means that a victim’s compensation may be reduced if they are found to be partially at fault for the accident. It is recommended to consult with a Pacifica, CA car accident lawyer to help determine the full extent of damages that can be pursued in a car accident case.
Get Free Consultation with a Pacifica, CA car accident lawyer At Pacific Attorney Group
If you have been injured in a car accident, then you need an experienced Pacifica Car Accident Lawyer that will help you navigate difficult legal and medical obstacles that you will undoubtedly encounter. Call the Pacific Attorney Group today at 1-800-358-9617 and get connected to an experienced Pacifica Car Accident Lawyer who will fight aggressively for you. There is never a fee unless we win your case and your initial consultation is free.