What are your legal rights in case of a Lyft or Uber accident?
Los Angeles (LA) Uber and Lyft accidents can happen, and they are not uncommon. As with any busy city, the high volume of vehicles on the road can increase the likelihood of accidents occurring. Additionally, the rise in popularity of ride-sharing services such as Uber and Lyft has led to an increase in the number of drivers on the road, further contributing to the risk of accidents. If you’ve been involved in an Uber or Lyft accident in LA, it’s important to seek the advice of an experienced Los Angeles Lyft and Uber accident lawyer who specializes in handling such cases. At the Pacific Attorney Group, we can help you navigate the complexities of dealing with insurance companies and pursuing compensation for your injuries.
Common Types of Victims in Uber, Lyft, and Other Rideshare Accidents.
- Passengers in Uber or Lyft cars can be injured in accidents caused by the rideshare driver or another driver. They may suffer from injuries such as broken bones, head and neck injuries, and back injuries. In such cases, the injured passenger may be able to seek compensation from the rideshare company’s insurance policy.
- Uber and Lyft drivers themselves can also be hurt in accidents with other vehicles. They may suffer from injuries such as whiplash, broken bones, and head trauma. In some cases, they may be able to seek compensation from the other driver’s insurance policy or from the rideshare company’s insurance policy.
- Pedestrians, cyclists, and motorcyclists can also be hit by Rideshare app drivers. These accidents can result in serious injuries or even fatalities. In such cases, the victim may be able to seek compensation from the rideshare company’s insurance policy.
- Drivers and passengers in other vehicles can also be hit by Uber or Lyft drivers. In such cases, the injured party may be able to seek compensation from the rideshare company’s insurance policy, depending on who was at fault for the accident.
Los Angeles Insurance Law for Ride-hailing Apps
In Los Angeles, as well as in California, ride-hailing companies like Uber and Lyft are required to carry insurance coverage that meets specific state-mandated requirements.
The insurance requirements for ride-hailing apps in Los Angeles are as follows:
- $50,000 per person and $100,000 per accident – Injury liability coverage
- $30,000 per accident – Property damage liability coverage
- $200,000 per accident – Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage
These requirements apply to drivers who are “logged on” to the ride-hailing app but have not yet accepted a ride, as well as those who are en route to pick up a passenger or have a passenger in the vehicle.
When a driver is logged into the app but not actively transporting a passenger, their personal auto insurance policy may also provide coverage, but it may be limited. Once a driver accepts a ride and is actively transporting a passenger, the ride-hailing company’s insurance policy provides primary coverage.
It’s important for passengers, drivers, and anyone involved in a ride-hailing accident to understand these insurance requirements and how they apply in the event of an accident. If you have been involved in a ride-hailing accident in Los Angeles, it’s recommended that you consult with an experienced Los Angeles Lyft and Uber accident attorney.
The Pacific Attorney Group will provide you with all the assistance and help you navigate the insurance claims process and seek the compensation you deserve.
Why Seek Legal Assistance from Los Angeles Lyft and Uber Accident Lawyers for Ride ShareApp Accidents?
There are several risk factors that drivers should be aware of when driving for Uber, Lyft, and other rideshare apps. These include:
- Driver Fatigue: Drivers may be tempted to drive for long hours to maximize their earnings, which can lead to fatigue and reduced reaction time.
- Distracted Driving: Drivers may be distracted by their smartphone or GPS device, as well as by passengers in the car, which can increase the risk of an accident.
- Inexperience: Many drivers for ride-hailing apps are new to the job, which can lead to inexperience and lack of familiarity with the roads, traffic patterns, and local driving laws.
- Aggressive Driving: Drivers may feel pressure to complete as many rides as possible, which can lead to aggressive driving behaviors such as speeding, tailgating, and unsafe lane changes.
- Passenger Behavior: Passengers may engage in disruptive behavior that distracts the driver and increases the risk of an accident.
If you are a Lyft or Uber driver who has been hurt in a collision, it’s important to seek legal help from an experienced Los Angeles Lyft and Uber accident lawyer who can help you understand your rights and options for seeking compensation. As a Lyft or Uber driver, you may be entitled to compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages resulting from the accident. However, navigating the insurance claims process can be complex, especially when dealing with the insurance policies of ride-hailing companies.
An attorney can help you gather evidence, negotiate with insurance companies, and advocate on your behalf to ensure that you receive fair compensation for your injuries. They can also help you understand the various insurance policies that may apply in your case, including the ride-hailing company’s insurance policy, your personal auto insurance policy, and the insurance policy of the other driver involved in the accident.
Additionally, if you were not at fault for the accident, an attorney can help you explore the possibility of filing a personal injury lawsuit against the other driver or other responsible parties. Overall, seeking legal help from an experienced Los Angeles Lyft and Uber accident attorney can be crucial in ensuring that you receive fair compensation for your injuries as a Lyft or Uber driver involved in a collision.
How Can a Los Angeles Lyft and Uber Accident Lawyer at Pacific Attorney Help You?
If you have been involved in a ride-share app accident, The Pacific Attorney can help you in the following ways:
- Legal Representation: Our experienced personal injury attorneys will represent you on your behalf to ensure that you receive fair compensation for your injuries.
- Evidence Gathering: We can help you gather evidence to support your claim, including statements, police reports, medical records, and other documentation.
- Insurance Claims: Our team will help you navigate the complex insurance claims process and negotiate with insurance companies to ensure that you receive the maximum compensation available under the law.
- Lawsuit Representation: If necessary, we will also file a personal injury lawsuit on your behalf and represent you in court.
- Guidance and Support: We can provide you with guidance and support throughout the legal process, answering any questions you may have and keeping you informed of any developments in your case.
Our goal is to help you get the compensation you deserve so that you can focus on your recovery and move forward with your life. Contact us today and learn more about how we can help you with your rideshare app accident case.