Our Lomita Car Accident Lawyers Can Help You
Lomita is a city located in Los Angeles County, California, United States. It has a population of around 20,000 people and covers an area of approximately 1.9 square miles. Lomita is primarily a residential community, with a mix of single-family homes, apartments, and condominiums. It is located in the South Bay region of Los Angeles County and is bordered by the cities of Torrance, Rolling Hills Estates, and Harbor City. It is located near several major highways, making it easy to access other parts of Los Angeles County. If you have been involved in a car accident anywhere in California, then consult with a skilled Lomita car accident lawyer to maximize your likely compensation amount.
How Much Time Do I Have to File a Car Accident Claim in Lomita, California – Statute of Limitations
In California, the statute of limitations for personal injury claims is generally two years from the date of the injury or accident. This means that a person who is injured in an accident, such as a car accident or slip and fall, generally has two years from the date of the accident to file a lawsuit against the party responsible for their injuries.
However, there are some exceptions and variations to this general rule. For example, if the injury was not discovered until a later date, the statute of limitations may be extended to two years from the date the injury was discovered or should have been discovered. In cases involving government entities or public entities, there may be shorter deadlines or additional requirements that must be met in order to file a claim.
It’s important to note that waiting too long to file a claim can result in the loss of your right to pursue compensation for your injuries. If you’re unsure about the statute of limitations for your specific case, it’s recommended that you consult with a Lomita car accident lawyer in California who can advise you on your legal options and help you take the necessary steps to protect your rights.
Knowing When to Reach Out for a Car Accident Lawyer’s Assistance
In the event of a car accident, there are various things that you could benefit from having a car accident lawyer’s assistance. Generally speaking, it is recommended that car accident victims reach out for legal assistance whenever there is either a medical emergency involved, or when you think it is likely that you’ll be making a claim against the other party involved. A Lomita car accident lawyer can provide both legal and medical advice, as well as assistance in filing claims and documents related to the case.
Maximizing Your Chances of Winning Your Car Accident Lawsuit in Lomita, California
By seeking out a car accident lawyer’s services, you can increase your chances of success in the suit. This can be done in several ways:
- Document Preparation: A car accident lawyer can assist in preparing essential documents such as police reports, medical records, and evidence that you will need to make your case.
- Negotiations: If there is a chance of negotiating a settlement with the other party or the insurance company, a car accident lawyer can help you receive an amount that is closer to what you’re asking for.
- Representation in Court: In the event that your case needs to be taken to court, a Lomita car accident lawyer can represent you in court and make sure that you get the best possible outcome for the case.
How Will a Lomita Car Accident Lawyer Evaluate My Claim?
Key Elements for Proving Fault in a Car Accident Case in Lomita, California
Duty of care, breach of duty of care, damages, and causation are all key elements in a personal injury case. Here’s a brief explanation of each:
- Duty of care: Duty of care refers to the legal obligation that one person or entity has to avoid causing harm to another person or entity. For example, drivers have a duty of care to operate their vehicles in a safe manner and avoid causing accidents that could harm others.
- Breach of duty of care: A breach of duty of care occurs when one person or entity fails to meet their duty of care, and their actions or inactions result in harm to another person or entity. In a personal injury case, the plaintiff must prove that the defendant breached their duty of care in order to establish liability.
- Damages: Damages refer to the harm or losses that the plaintiff has suffered as a result of the defendant’s breach of duty of care. Damages can include medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other losses that can be compensated monetarily.
- Causation: Causation refers to the link between the defendant’s breach of duty of care and the plaintiff’s damages. In a personal injury case, the plaintiff must prove that the defendant’s actions or inactions caused their injuries and resulting damages.
In order to prove a personal injury case, the plaintiff must establish all four of these elements. The plaintiff must show that the defendant had a duty of care, that the defendant breached that duty of care, that the breach caused the plaintiff’s damages, and that the damages are compensable. A skilled Lomita car accident lawyer can help their clients to gather evidence and build a strong case that demonstrates each of these elements.
Contact Us Today
Having a Lomita car accident lawyer by your side in the event of a car accident can be beneficial for maximizing your chances at a successful lawsuit. Although not always necessary, getting the assistance of a car accident lawyer when there is a medical emergency or you wish to file a claim against the other party can be a wise decision as they can help with document preparation, negotiations, and court representation. Call the Pacific Attorney Group today at 1-800-358-9617 and discuss your case with our lawyer. There is never a fee unless we win your case and your initial consultation is free.