Downey Workers Compensation Attorneys
California is one of the states that report many workplace injuries and fatalities in the US each year. Some of these accidents occur in Downey. A workplace injury can reduce or fully take away your ability to work. If you have sustained an injury at work, the attorneys at Pacific Attorney will definitely be of help to you.
Our Downey workers’ comp attorneys care about the clients and make it their goal to ensure that every victim is fairly compensated by the responsible parties. Every case is unique, and handling it the right way will likely affect the outcome and eventual amount of settlement given to a work injury victim. We understand that each person is different and do our best to make you comfortable throughout the entire process.
Common Injuries Suffered in the Workplace
Any accident can occur to people on the job and result in injuries, depending on the seriousness of the accident. Some occupations are riskier than others and report several injuries each year. These occupations include roofers, loggers, fishers, pilots and flight engineers, truckers, electricians, landscapers, people who work at construction sites, and those who work in the agricultural industry.
Common workplace injuries are caused by;
- Slip and falls
- Falling from heights
- Falling objects
- Being crushed by heavy machinery
- Repetitive stress
- Auto accidents
- Workplace assaults
Some of the common injuries include;
- Head injuries: People suffer head injuries due to major or even minor accidents like slips and falls. The common head injuries are traumatic brain injuries, skull fractures, facial Lacerations, and concussions.
- Burns: Fires, explosions, and chemical spills in the workplace can result in first-degree, second-degree, and third-degree burns to workers. Such injuries can be life-changing to the victim.
- Bone injuries: Some accidents cause injuries to the bones and joints. Such injuries include fractures and dislocations.
- Back and neck injuries: Serious back and neck injuries could lead to temporary or permanent disability. They include broken vertebrae, herniated disks, spinal cord injuries, and whiplash.
- Muscle, tendon, and ligament injuries: They are injuries that could take longer to discover as they may not be immediately seen. , but may cause significant pain and lasting impairment.
- Amputations: Lack of proper training on the use of machinery or their malfunctions lead to workers losing some parts of their body. It is often traumatic when a person loses an arm, leg, hand, foot, toe, or finger.
- Repetitive stress injuries: Some injuries in the workplace are not caused by a single accident but rather stress on particular parts of the body when the worker does the same movement repeatedly. Common injuries include carpal tunnel syndrome, bursitis, and tendonitis.
Compensation Available to Downey Work Injury Victims
A person injured on the job may have two ways of seeking compensation for their injuries. It all depends on whether their employer carries a workers’ compensation cover, which is meant to cover any expenses that a worker will incur due to a workplace injury. All employers with at least one employee are required to have a workers’ compensation cover. You may also file a personal injury claim against any third party who may have caused you injuries.
The benefits available under the workers’ compensation include;
- Medical damages: This is compensation for expenses incurred for the treatment of workplace injuries. The workers’ compensation law requires that a victim of work injury be treated by a doctor recommended by their employer.
- Rehabilitation: This is compensation for physical therapy and any training a victim undertakes before returning to work at their former workplace or in a new line of employment.
- Disability: Some injuries lead to life-changing injuries that could leave a victim disabled. Such victims are entitled to disability damages.
- Wrongful death benefits: If a worker is killed in a work accident, their family will be paid the death benefits under the cover.
In case your employer does not have the workers’ compensation cover or your injuries were caused by such lawsuit include;
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Loss of earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Wrongful death
People who file a personal injury lawsuit will receive a relatively higher settlement compared to workers’ compensation.
Call a Downey Workers Comp Attorney
Past experience shows that a victim of work injury will be highly compensated when they hire an attorney to represent them. If you have been involved in an accident in a Downey workplace, contact the attorneys at Pacific Attorney Group and let them handle the case for you. We do not charge any fee for the initial consultation and will give you expert advice on how to approach your case for a better settlement.
Call us today and see how we can help you get back to your normal life in no time.