Filing Worker Comp Claim in Torn Rotator Cuff and Shoulder Related Workplace Injuries
Dealing with a shoulder injury can be an excruciating experience, leading to restricted movement and immense pain. Such an injury can hinder an individual’s ability to engage in work, play, and even routine tasks. If your shoulder injury was a result of someone else’s negligence, you may have grounds to seek compensation through a personal injury claim. This legal avenue allows you to get the financial reimbursement you deserve for the damages and suffering caused by the injury. We advise speaking with an accomplished Los Angeles shoulder injury lawyer about your case if you or a loved one suffered a shoulder injury in an accident that may have been avoided.
You can seek the monetary compensation you are entitled to with the assistance of the lawyers at Pacific Attorney Group. Our team can assist you with evaluating your case and comprehending the personal injury claim procedure. We are ready to assertively fight for your rights.
Types of Shoulder Injuries
There are several types of shoulder injuries that can occur in the workplace. These injuries can be caused by various factors, such as repetitive motions, overexertion, poor ergonomics, falls, or accidents. Here are some common types of shoulder injuries that can happen at work:
- Rotator Cuff Tear: The rotator cuff is a cluster of tendons and muscles that are placed around the shoulder joint. A tear in the rotator cuff can occur due to repetitive overhead activities or a sudden traumatic event. Symptoms may include pain, weakness, and limited range of motion.
- Shoulder Impingement Syndrome: This condition happens when the tendons in the shoulder become compressed or irritated. It can be caused by repetitive overhead movements or working with the arms extended in front of the body for long periods. Symptoms include pain, swelling, and difficulty lifting objects.
- Shoulder Dislocation: A shoulder dislocation happens when the top part of the upper arm bone slips out of your shoulder socket. It can happen due to a fall, collision, or heavy lifting. This injury causes severe pain, swelling, and limited shoulder mobility.
- Shoulder Fractures: Fractures or broken bones in the shoulder can result from falls, direct impacts, or accidents. Common fractures include collarbone (clavicle) fractures and proximal humerus fractures. Symptoms include pain, swelling, bruising, and difficulty moving the arm.
- Bursitis: Shoulder bursitis is the inflammation of the bursa, a fluid-filled sac that cushions the joint. It can be caused by repetitive motions, prolonged pressure on the shoulder, or trauma. Symptoms include pain, swelling, and tenderness.
- Tendonitis: Tendonitis is the inflammation of a tendon. In the shoulder, it often affects the biceps or the rotator cuff tendons. Overuse, repetitive motions, or sudden injuries can lead to tendonitis. Symptoms include pain, swelling, and difficulty moving the shoulder.
While you are recovering, you might not be able to go to work, pick up your kids, or engage in your regular activities. Your income, family, and overall quality of life may be significantly impacted by this. A Los Angeles shoulder injury lawyer can at least fight on your behalf while you are still recovering from the injury.
How to Pursue Shoulder Injury Claims in Los Angeles?
You can file for workers’ compensation for shoulder injuries sustained in the workplace in Los Angeles, California. Workers’ compensation is a form of insurance that provides benefits to employees who suffer work-related injuries or illnesses. It is designed to cover medical expenses, disability benefits, rehabilitation costs, and lost wages.
In California, employers are generally required to carry workers’ compensation insurance to protect their employees in case of work-related injuries or illnesses. This means that if you sustain a shoulder injury at work, you should be eligible to file a workers’ compensation claim to seek benefits and medical coverage for your injury.
To initiate the workers’ compensation process, it is important to notify your employer as soon as possible after the injury occurs or after you become aware of the injury. Your employer should provide you with the necessary forms and information to initiate the claim. It is crucial to meet any deadlines or filing requirements specified by your employer or the workers’ compensation system.
It’s also recommended to seek medical attention promptly and ensure that your injury is properly diagnosed and documented. This documentation will play a significant role in supporting your workers’ compensation claim.
Consulting with an experienced Los Angeles shoulder injury lawyer can be beneficial during the claims process. They can guide you through the legal aspects, help gather the necessary evidence, and advocate for your rights to ensure you receive the appropriate benefits and compensation for your shoulder injury.
Remember that the workers’ compensation process can vary depending on the specific circumstances of your case, so it’s important to consult with a legal professional to understand your rights and options.
Claims and Benefits Available in Shoulder Injury Cases
In shoulder injury cases, there are various claims and benefits that may be available depending on the jurisdiction and the nature of the injury. Here are some common claims and benefits that can apply to shoulder injury cases:
- Workers’ Compensation Benefits: If you sustain a shoulder injury at work, you may be eligible for workers’ compensation benefits. These benefits typically include coverage for medical expenses related to the injury, disability benefits (temporary or permanent), rehabilitation costs, and lost wages.
- Medical Expenses: Regardless of whether you file a workers’ compensation claim or a personal injury lawsuit, you can seek compensation for reasonable and necessary medical expenses related to your shoulder injury. This may include doctor visits, hospitalization, surgery, physical therapy, medication, and assistive devices.
- Lost Wages: If your shoulder injury causes you to miss work, you may be entitled to receive compensation for your lost wages. This can include both past and future lost income, including wages, salary, bonuses, and other benefits.
- Pain and Suffering: In personal injury cases, you may be able to seek compensation for the physical pain and emotional suffering caused by your shoulder injury. The amount of compensation will depend on the severity of the injury, the impact on your daily life, and other relevant factors.
- Disability Benefits: If your shoulder injury results in a long-term or permanent disability that affects your ability to work, you may be eligible for disability benefits. These benefits are designed to compensate for the loss of earning capacity and may vary depending on the jurisdiction and the extent of the disability.
- Rehabilitation and Vocational Training: In some cases, individuals with shoulder injuries may require rehabilitation services or vocational training to regain skills or learn new ones to reenter the workforce. Compensation for these services may be available, depending on the circumstances.
- Third-Party Claims: If your shoulder injury was caused by someone other than your employer or a co-worker, you may have the option to pursue a third-party claim. This allows you to seek compensation from the responsible party outside of the workers’ compensation system. For example, if the injury was caused by a defective product or the negligence of a contractor or subcontractor at a construction site.
A Los Angeles shoulder injury lawyer can help you seek damages such as compensation for your medical expenses and pain & suffering.
How Can A Los Angeles Shoulder Injury Lawyer at Pacific Attorney Group Help You?
The Pacific Attorney Group can provide legal representation and guidance on injuries related to torn rotator cuffs and shoulders at work. We can help victims in the following ways:
- Legal representation: The Pacific Attorney Group has experienced attorneys who can represent victims of torn rotator cuff and shoulder injuries at work. We can help you receive compensation for their medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages.
- Investigation: The firm can conduct an investigation into the circumstances surrounding the injury at work to determine liability and gather evidence.
- Negotiation: The Pacific Attorney Group can negotiate with employers, insurance companies, and other parties involved to ensure that you receive the maximum compensation possible.
- Advocacy: Our firm’s Los Angeles shoulder injury lawyer can advocate for the victim’s rights and interests throughout the legal process, including in court if necessary.
Get in touch with us now!