Our California Construction Accident Lawyer Can Help You
The phrase ‘hard-hat area’ comes directly from the designation set on construction sites while work is actively ongoing. In a large state like California, with a dynamic and relatively wealthy population, there will be many building projects and construction sites, increasing the chances of an injury occurring on one of these sites.
Because of the materials and tools used at construction sites, injuries in these places can be particularly vicious. From carelessly used power tools to falling building materials, the dangers range broadly. If you’re injured at a construction site, you should immediately seek the services of a California construction accident lawyer to know your rights and work toward fair compensation.
The “Fatal Four” Construction Accidents
The “Fatal Four” construction accidents are the four leading causes of fatalities in the construction industry. These accidents are responsible for a significant portion of construction-related deaths.
- Falls: Falls account for a substantial percentage of construction fatalities, typically around 35% to 40%. Workers can fall from heights such as scaffolding, roofs, ladders, or elevated platforms.
- Struck by Object: Struck-by incidents, where workers are struck by objects like tools, equipment, or debris, contribute to approximately 15% to 20% of construction fatalities.
- Electrocution: Electrocution incidents result in about 7% to 10% of construction-related deaths. These accidents occur when workers come into contact with live electrical components or wiring.
- Caught-in or Caught-between: This category includes accidents where workers are caught in or between machinery, equipment, or structures. It accounts for around 5% to 7% of construction fatalities.
These statistics highlight the importance of implementing safety measures and training programs to prevent these “Fatal Four” accidents in the construction industry. Safety precautions, such as fall protection systems, proper equipment maintenance, electrical safety protocols, and training, are crucial in reducing the risk of these tragic incidents.
Our California Construction Accident Lawyer Handles All Types of Claims
At Pacific Attorney Group, our California construction accident lawyers will work tirelessly on your claim or case, guiding you through the process of a personal injury claim or bringing a lawsuit against the offending party. We believe in strongly representing our clients and fiercely defending their rights, and so we offer a free initial consultation to discuss the particulars of your situation. Additionally, we do not ask for legal fees unless we collect compensation for you.
We handle all kinds of cases regarding injuries sustained at a construction site in the California area. These include:
- Scaffolding Accidents
- Ladder Accidents
- Forklift Accidents
- Dozer Accidents
- Welding Accidents
- Falling Objects
- Crane Accidents
- Construction Site Falls
- Roof Falls
- Equipment Malfunctions
- Building Collapses
- Compactor Accidents
- Dump Truck Accidents
- Excavator Accidents
- Fires & Explosions
- Saw & Cutting Blade Accidents
- Nail Gun Accidents
- Dangerous Work Conditions
- Construction Site Supervisor Negligence
- Defective Scaffolding
If you’re injured at a construction site anywhere in California, please contact us immediately. It is important to know that you have rights and what they are, and that you are rightfully entitled to compensation for these injuries and the opportunities they cost you.
Speak with our California Construction Accident Lawyer Today
A California construction accident lawyer can help you with a variety of tasks, including:
- Investigating your accident and determining who was at fault. Construction accidents can be complex, and there may be multiple parties who are liable for your injuries. A lawyer can help you identify all of the potentially liable parties and build a strong case against them.
- Filing a workers’ compensation claim on your behalf. If you were injured on the job, you may be entitled to workers’ compensation benefits. A lawyer can help you file your claim and ensure that you receive the full benefits you deserve.
- Filing a third-party liability lawsuit. If your construction accident was caused by the negligence of someone other than your employer, you may be able to file a third-party liability lawsuit. A lawyer can help you determine if you have a viable third-party claim and, if so, represent you in court.
- Negotiating a settlement on your behalf. If you decide to settle your construction accident claim, a lawyer can negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf to ensure that you receive a fair settlement.
- Representing you at trial. If you cannot reach a settlement agreement with the insurance company, your lawyer can represent you at trial.
If you have been injured in a construction accident in California, you may be entitled to compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering. A California construction accident lawyer can help you understand your legal rights and options, and they can fight for the compensation you deserve.