3 Killed, 1 Injured in Tulare County Collision at Avenue 368 and Road 52
Tulare County, California (July 31, 2021) – Three people were killed Saturday afternoon in an alleged DUI car crash at an intersection in Tulare County, authorities said.
The deadly collision occurred at about 3:30 p.m. at the intersection of Avenue 368 and Road 52, according to the California Highway Patrol.
The CHP said a Camry was traveling in the area when, for unknown reasons, the driver allowed the vehicle to drift across the center median into the opposite lane, where it collided head-on with a minivan occupied by and a woman and two men.
The Camry then collided with a Chevy Tahoe carrying a family of five.
Witnesses told the authorities that the Camry was traveling at speed more than the posted 55 miles per hour prior to the collision.
Deadly Tulare County 3-Vehicle Crash at Avenue 368 and Road 52
Sadly, the two men in the minivan and the man driving the Camry were killed in the accident. Their names have not been disclosed pending notification of their respective families.
The woman in the minivan suffered significant injuries and was transported to a nearby hospital. Her condition at this time was unknown.
The occupants of the Tahoe are expected to be okay.
Investigators later determined that the Camry driver was under the influence of alcohol at the time of the accident. Authorities found beer cans and a strong odor of alcohol in the car.
No further details about the crash were immediately provided.
The crash remains under investigation.
Tips on What to do after a Car Accident in California
- Always stop and remain at the scene.
- Check if you or your passengers have been injured. In case someone is hurt, call emergency services or ask someone else to help.
- Get to safety – If your car is drivable, move it to a safe area. If it’s not, turn your hazard lights on and set up flares.
- Call 911 to report the accident.
- Never discuss or admit fault. Instead, wait for a police officer and insurance companies representatives to figure out the fault.
- Document the accident and exchange information with other drivers.
If you have lost someone you love in a car accident and need legal help, call our law office at Click to call : 866-803-6502 and talk to an accident attorney.