Texting While Driving Accidents Lawyer
According to research conducted by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), distracted driving, which includes texting while driving, is a leading cause of car accidents in the United States. The CDC’s research indicates that thousands of accidents occur each year as a result of distracted driving behaviors.
Texting while driving is particularly dangerous because it involves visual, manual, and cognitive distractions simultaneously. When a driver engages in texting, their attention is diverted from the road, their hands are off the steering wheel, and their focus is shifted to the text conversation instead of the task of driving.
These distractions significantly increase the risk of accidents, as the driver’s ability to react quickly and appropriately to potential hazards is compromised. Even a momentary lapse in attention can have devastating consequences on the road.
If you have been involved in a car accident caused by someone who was texting while driving, it is essential to consult with a legal professional.
Car Accidents Due to Distracted Driving in LA
In Los Angeles, as well as throughout California, there are strict laws and regulations in place to combat distracted driving. It is illegal to use a handheld cellphone while driving, which includes texting, browsing the internet, and using social media. Drivers are required to use hands-free devices if they need to make or receive calls while driving.
Despite these laws, distracted driving continues to be a significant issue, leading to numerous car accidents in LA. When drivers are distracted, their reaction times are slower, their attention is divided, and their ability to anticipate and respond to road conditions is compromised. This significantly increases the risk of accidents, injuries, and even fatalities.
If you have been involved in a car accident in Los Angeles caused by distracted driving, it is important to consult with a skilled attorney.
By holding distracted drivers accountable for their actions, you can not only seek the compensation you deserve but also contribute to raising awareness about the dangers of distracted driving and potentially preventing future accidents.
Determining Liability in a Texting While Driving Accident in LA
Determining liability in a texting-while-driving accident in Los Angeles involves assessing the circumstances of the accident and gathering evidence to establish fault. Here are some key factors considered when determining liability:
- Negligence: Texting while driving is a form of distracted driving, which is considered negligent behavior. To establish liability, it must be shown that the driver was negligent by engaging in texting or other distracting activities while operating the vehicle.
- Violation of Laws: California law prohibits drivers from using handheld cellphones while driving, including texting. If the driver was in violation of these laws, it can help establish their negligence and liability.
- Causation: It must be demonstrated that the driver’s texting while driving directly caused or contributed to the accident. This can be established through eyewitness accounts, phone records, surveillance footage, or other available evidence.
- Comparative Negligence: California follows a comparative negligence system, which means that liability can be shared among multiple parties based on their degree of fault. Even if the texting driver is primarily at fault, other factors, such as the actions of other drivers involved, road conditions, or vehicle malfunctions, may be considered.
To determine liability in texting while driving-accident, it is crucial to gather evidence, including accident reports, witness statements, cellphone records, photographs, and any available video footage. Consulting with an experienced personal injury attorney, such as the Pacific Attorney Group, can help you navigate the legal complexities, assess liability, and build a strong case on your behalf.
Remember, every case is unique, and the specific details and evidence surrounding the accident will play a significant role in determining liability. An attorney can give personalized guidance based on the details of your situation.
We Are Here For You
The Pacific Attorney Group is a reputable law firm in Los Angeles that specializes in personal injury cases, including car accidents caused by texting while driving. We have a team of skilled attorneys who are experienced in handling cases involving distracted driving and can provide the legal assistance and representation you need.
When you work with the Pacific Attorney Group, our attorneys will:
- Evaluate your case: They will review the details of your accident, gather evidence, and assess the extent of your damages to determine the strength of your claim.
- Establish liability: Our attorneys will investigate the accident to determine who was at fault, focusing on the driver’s texting while driving as a contributing factor.
- Build a strong case: They will gather evidence such as accident reports, cellphone records, witness statements, and expert opinions to support your claim and establish the negligence of the texting driver.
- Negotiate with insurance companies: Our attorneys will handle all communication and negotiations with insurance companies on your behalf, aiming to secure a fair settlement that compensates you for your injuries, medical expenses, lost wages, and other damages.
- Litigate if necessary: If a fair settlement cannot be reached through negotiations, our attorneys at the Pacific Attorney Group are prepared to take your case to court and advocate for your rights in front of a judge.
By enlisting the services of the Pacific Attorney Group, you can benefit from our legal expertise and guidance throughout the legal process. We will fight for your rights and work diligently to help you obtain the compensation you deserve.
Schedule a free consultation with the Pacific Attorney Group to discuss the specifics of your case and learn more about how we can assist you.