Big Rig Tire Blowout Accidents Attorney
A big rig tire blowout accident refers to a situation where one or more tires on a large commercial truck, commonly known as a big rig or tractor-trailer, suddenly burst or deflate while the vehicle is in motion. This can lead to dangerous and potentially catastrophic situations on the road. People in the vicinity of this blowout can face serious injuries and damages.
If you have been hurt due to a big rig tire blowout, you can get fair compensation for all the damages.
What Causes a Big Rig Tire Blow Out?
Several factors can contribute to a big rig tire blowout. Here are some common causes:
- Tire Wear and Age: Over time, tires naturally wear down and can become more susceptible to blowouts. The tread may wear unevenly, the rubber may deteriorate, and the tire walls may weaken. Aging tires, especially those past their recommended service life, are at a higher risk of failure.
- Overloading: Exceeding the maximum weight capacity of a commercial truck puts excessive stress on the tires. Overloaded trucks can generate more heat, increase friction, and accelerate tire wear, leading to blowouts.
- Underinflation or Overinflation: Incorrect tire pressure is a leading cause of blowouts. Underinflated tires cause the sidewalls to flex excessively, generating heat and potentially leading to tire failure. Conversely, overinflated tires can become rigid and prone to rupture.
- Tire Defects: Defective tires with manufacturing defects or design flaws can be more susceptible to blowouts. These defects may include weak construction, adhesive failure, faulty materials, or improper bonding between tire layers.
- Road Hazards: Poor road conditions, such as potholes, debris, sharp objects, or uneven surfaces, can damage tires and cause blowouts, especially at high speeds.
- Improper Maintenance: Inadequate tire maintenance, such as failing to rotate tires, failing to perform regular inspections, or neglecting to replace worn-out tires, can increase the risk of blowouts.
- Heat and High Speeds: Excessive heat generated by friction, prolonged high-speed driving, or braking can weaken the tire structure, making it more vulnerable to blowouts.
Is a Tire Blowout Dangerous?
Yes, a tire blowout can be extremely dangerous, especially in the context of a big rig or commercial truck. When a tire loses air pressure or bursts, it can lead to a loss of control over the vehicle, resulting in a potentially severe accident.
Here are some reasons why a tire blowout is dangerous:
- Loss of Control: A tire blowout can cause the driver to lose control of the vehicle, especially at high speeds. The sudden loss of tire pressure can make it difficult to steer, brake, or maintain stability, leading to a loss of control over the vehicle’s direction and speed.
- Vehicle Instability: When a tire blows out, it can cause the affected vehicle to become unstable. The vehicle may sway, veer to one side, or even roll over, posing a significant risk to the occupants and other vehicles on the road.
- Increased Stopping Distance: A blown-out tire can significantly increase the stopping distance of a vehicle. This can lead to difficulty in bringing the vehicle to a halt, increasing the likelihood of a collision with other vehicles, objects, or pedestrians.
- Rollover Accidents: In some cases, a tire blowout can contribute to a rollover accident, especially if the driver overcorrects in an attempt to regain control of the vehicle. Rollover accidents can be particularly dangerous and often result in serious injuries or fatalities.
- Secondary Collisions: After a tire blowout, the disabled vehicle or debris from the blown tire can create hazardous conditions on the road. Other vehicles may collide with the disabled vehicle or swerve to avoid the debris, leading to secondary collisions.
- Impact on Large Trucks: In the case of big rigs or commercial trucks, the size and weight of the vehicle can exacerbate the dangers of a tire blowout. The sudden loss of control and instability of a large truck can result in significant damage to other vehicles, property and severe injuries or fatalities.
What Happens After a Big Rig Tire Blowout Accident in LA?
After a big rig tire blowout accident in Los Angeles, several actions typically follow to address the immediate aftermath of the incident, ensure safety, and handle potential legal and insurance matters. Here are the steps that often occur after a big rig tire blowout accident:
- Ensure Safety: The first priority is to ensure the safety of everyone involved in the accident. Move to a safe location, if possible, away from traffic and any potential hazards.
- Get Medical Attention: Attend to any injuries sustained in the accident and seek immediate medical attention for yourself or others involved. Even if injuries are not immediately apparent, it is advisable to get a medical evaluation to identify any potential underlying conditions or injuries that may not be immediately noticeable.
- Contact Law Enforcement: Call the local police department to report the accident. Law enforcement officers will arrive at the scene to assess the situation, document the incident, and create an official police report.
- Exchange Information: Exchange contact and insurance information with the other parties involved in the accident, including the truck driver, trucking company representatives, and any other drivers or witnesses. Obtain their names, phone numbers, addresses, insurance details, and license plate numbers.
- Document the Scene: If you are physically able, document the accident scene by taking photos or videos. Capture the position of the vehicles involved, any visible damage, tire debris, road conditions, and any other relevant details. This documentation can serve as valuable evidence later on.
- Preserve Evidence: Preserve any evidence related to the accident, including the damaged tire, photographs, witness statements, and any other documentation that may support your case. This evidence can be important for establishing liability and pursuing compensation.
- Notify Insurance Companies: Inform your insurance company about the accident as soon as possible. Provide them with accurate information about the accident and cooperate with their investigation. If the accident involved a commercial truck, you may also need to contact the trucking company’s insurance provider.
- Consult with an Attorney: Consider consulting with an experienced personal injury attorney who specializes in commercial truck accidents. They can evaluate your case, guide you through the legal process, and help protect your rights. An attorney can also assist in gathering evidence, negotiating with insurance companies, and pursuing a claim for compensation.
- Investigate Liability: Determine the cause of the tire blowout and investigate potential liability. This may involve examining factors such as tire defects, improper maintenance, overloading, road conditions, or other contributing factors. An attorney can help with this investigation.
- Pursue Legal Action: If necessary, your attorney may advise you to pursue legal action to seek compensation for your injuries, medical expenses, property damage, lost wages, and other related damages. They will guide you through the legal process, negotiate on your behalf, and represent you in court if a settlement cannot be reached.
Every big rig tire blowout accident is unique, and the specific steps may vary depending on the circumstances. It is important to speak with a qualified attorney who can provide personalized advice and guidance based on the details of your case.
The Pacific Attorney Group Can Help You with All of These
The Pacific Attorney Group can provide assistance with all the steps involved after a big rig tire blowout accident in Los Angeles. We specialize in handling personal injury cases, including those related to commercial truck accidents and tire blowouts. Our services include:
- Legal Guidance: Our attorneys at the Pacific Attorney Group can provide expert legal guidance and explain your rights and options after a big rig tire blowout accident. We will assess the details of your case and advise you on the appropriate steps to take.
- Investigation: The firm will conduct a thorough investigation into the accident and the causes of the tire blowout. We will gather evidence, such as tire debris, photographs, witness statements, maintenance records, and any other relevant documentation to establish liability.
- Medical Assistance: The Pacific Attorney Group can assist you in finding appropriate medical providers to evaluate and treat your injuries resulting from the accident. We understand the importance of obtaining proper medical documentation to support your claim for compensation.
- Insurance Claims: The firm will handle all communication and negotiations with insurance companies on your behalf. We will work diligently to ensure that your rights are protected and that you receive fair and adequate compensation for your injuries, medical bills, and other damages.
- Settlement Negotiations: Our attorneys at the Pacific Attorney Group are skilled negotiators and will strive to negotiate a favorable settlement that reflects the full extent of your damages. We will advocate for your best interests and work to maximize your compensation.
- Litigation Representation: If a fair settlement cannot be reached through negotiations, the Pacific Attorney Group is prepared to take your case to court. Our experienced trial lawyers will provide strong representation and fight for your rights in the courtroom.