Andrew Coronado ID’d as Man Killed in 60 Freeway Collision near Grand Avenue in Diamond Bar
Diamond Bar, California (July 31, 2021) – Authorities have identified the man who died in a traffic crash Saturday morning in Diamond Bar as Andrew Coronado, 20, of Compton.
The deadly crash took place on the Pomona (60) Freeway near Grand Avenue at about 3:04 a.m., according to the California Highway Patrol.
A 2019 Nissan Armada was traveling eastbound on the freeway when it rear-ended a Honda Accord that was stalled in the carpool lane.
Coronado, who was inside the Honda Accord, was pronounced dead at the scene.
The Honda driver, identified only as a 21-year-old La Puente man, and his passenger, a 20-year-old Los Angeles man, were outside the vehicle and were struck by the Nissan. The two were transported to Pomona Valley Hospital Medical Center for treatment of major and moderate injuries.
The 44-year-old Moreno Valley man driving the 2019 Nissan Armada was also hospitalized with major injuries.
No additional information about the accident was provided.
The CHP is investigating the cause of the accident. Anyone who witnessed the crash is asked to contact the authorities at 626-338-1164.
Tips on What to do after a Car Accident in California
- Always stop and remain at the scene.
- Check if you or your passengers have been injured. In case someone is hurt, call emergency services or ask someone else to help.
- Get to safety – If your car is drivable, move it to a safe area. If it’s not, turn your hazard lights on and set up flares.
- Call 911 to report the accident.
- Never discuss or admit fault. Instead, wait for a police officer and insurance companies representatives to figure out the fault.
- Document the accident and exchange information with other drivers.
If you have lost someone you love in a car accident and need legal help, call our law office at Click to call : 866-803-6502 and talk to an accident attorney.