Lane Change Crashes Lawyer
Lane change crashes, also known as sideswipe collisions, are a common type of car accident in Los Angeles. These accidents occur when two vehicles traveling in the same direction make contact while changing lanes. Lane change crashes can result in serious injuries and property damage.
Lane change crashes can happen on any roadway in Los Angeles, but they are particularly common on highways and other high-speed roads where drivers change lanes frequently. It’s important for drivers to be vigilant when changing lanes, use their turn signals, and check their mirrors and blind spots to avoid causing a collision.
If you have been involved in a lane change crash in Los Angeles, it’s important to seek medical attention for any injuries and speak with an experienced car accident attorney who can help you understand your legal options and pursue compensation for your damages.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) identifies several types of common collisions involving cars in lane-change accidents, including:
Failure to check blind spots: When a driver fails to check their blind spots before changing lanes, they may not see another vehicle and collide with it.
Speeding and aggressive driving: A driver who is traveling too fast or aggressively may try to change lanes too quickly or without signaling, causing a collision with another vehicle.
Distracted driving: Distractions such as cell phones, GPS devices, or other distractions inside or outside the car can cause a driver to take their eyes off the road and not notice other vehicles, leading to a collision.
Impaired driving: Alcohol, drugs, and other impairments can affect a driver’s reaction time and judgment, making it more likely they will cause a collision when changing lanes.
Inadequate signaling: If a driver fails to signal their intent to change lanes, it can cause confusion and lead to a collision with another vehicle.
Fault in a Lane Change Crash in Los Angeles
Determining fault in an unsafe lane change accident in Los Angeles depends on the specific circumstances of the accident. In general, the fault is determined based on which driver was negligent or reckless and caused the accident.
California is a comparative fault state, which means that fault for an accident can be shared between multiple parties. For instance, if both drivers were negligent in an unsafe lane change accident, the fault may be apportioned between them based on their degree of fault.
Some factors that may be considered in determining fault in an unsafe lane change accident include:
- Whether the driver who changed lanes failed to signal or check their blind spot before changing lanes.
- Whether the driver who was hit was driving in a legal and safe manner.
- Whether either driver was speeding or driving recklessly at the time of the accident.
- Whether either driver was distracted, such as by a cell phone or other device, at the time of the accident.
- Whether there were any other factors, such as road or weather conditions, that may have contributed to the accident.
It’s important to consult with an experienced car accident attorney if you are involved in a lane change accident in Los Angeles. An attorney can help you know your legal rights and options and can assist you in pursuing compensation for the injuries and damages.
How Can the Pacific Attorney Group Help
The Pacific Attorney Group has a team of experienced car accident attorneys who can help if you have been involved in an unsafe lane change accident in Los Angeles. Here are some ways that we will help:
- Investigation: Our attorneys at the Pacific Attorney Group will investigate the accident to determine who was at fault. This may include gathering witness statements, reviewing police reports and accident reconstruction reports, and collecting other evidence.
- Legal Advice: We will provide you with legal guidance and advice on how to proceed with your case. We will help you understand your legal rights and options, and can assist you in pursuing compensation for your injuries and damages.
- Negotiation: Our attorneys at the Pacific Attorney Group are skilled negotiators who can work with insurance companies and other parties to reach a fair settlement for your case.
- Litigation: If necessary, our attorneys at the Pacific Attorney Group are prepared to litigate your case in court. We have the experience and resources needed to represent you effectively in court.
- Support: Our attorneys understand that car accidents can be traumatic and stressful. We are committed to providing you with the support and guidance you need to get through this difficult time.
Overall, the Pacific Attorney Group can help you navigate the legal system and pursue the compensation you deserve after an unsafe lane change accident in Los Angeles.