Tracy Motorcycle Accident at 11th Street and Lincoln Boulevard Injures 1
Tracy, California (August 1, 2021) – A rider was hurt following an alleged hit-and-run collision at an intersection in Tracy Friday morning.
The motorcycle crash happened in the area of 11th Street and Lincoln Boulevard just about 7:00 a.m.
The accident happened when an officer riding a motorcycle north on Lincoln Boulevard made a turn onto 12th Street on July 30. The motorcyclist was then struck by an eastbound vehicle that ran a stop sign.
Tracy Motorcycle Accident
The rider was rushed to an area hospital for treatment of unspecified injuries sustained in the accident.
Meanwhile, the involved motorist did not stop to render aid and escaped the scene south on Lincoln Boulevard
The suspect was later arrested after their vehicle slammed into a tree.
An investigation into the accident is underway.
An Overview of Motorcycle Accident Statistics in California
- More than 500 motorcyclists died, and more than 15,500 were injured in 2017 in California.
- About 80% of all annual motorcycle accidents result in injuries or death.
- California has over 800,000 registered motorcycles, the largest in the nation.
Tips for Safe Riding of Motorcycles
- Ensure you are properly licensed before riding a motorcycle.
- Practice how to operate a motorcycle properly.
- Wear the proper protection.
- Ride responsibly.
Were you or your loved one involved in a motorcycle accident? Contact Pacific Attorney Group for legal advice. Click to call : 866-803-6502.