Luis Salina Garcia ID’d as Man Killed in Collision on Santa Ana (5) Freeway at 17th Street in Santa Ana
Santa Ana, California (July 31, 2021) – The Orange County Coroner’s Bureau has identified the man who was killed in an early Saturday morning traffic collision in Santa Ana as Luis Manuel Salina Garcia, 22, of Santa Ana.
According to the California Highway Patrol, the deadly crash, which involved two vehicles, happened at around 3:20 a.m. on the southbound side of the Santa Ana (5) Freeway at 17th Street.
The CHP said a Honda Pilot and possibly a Mitsubishi were involved in the crash. Details on what led up to the collision at this time are unknown.
Man Killed in Car Crash on Santa Ana (5) Freeway Identified
Salina Garcia was pronounced dead at the scene, while another person was transported to Orange County Global Medical Center in unknown condition.
All southbound lanes of the 5 Freeway were closed until 5:58 a.m.
Further details regarding the collision were not immediately available.
The crash remains under investigation.
Tips on What to do after a Car Accident in California
- Always stop and remain at the scene.
- Check if you or your passengers have been injured. In case someone is hurt, call emergency services or ask someone else to help.
- Get to safety – If your car is drivable, move it to a safe area. If it’s not, turn your hazard lights on and set up flares.
- Call 911 to report the accident.
- Never discuss or admit fault. Instead, wait for a police officer and insurance companies representatives to figure out the fault.
- Document the accident and exchange information with other drivers.
If you have lost someone you love in a car accident and need legal help, call our law office at Click to call : 866-803-6502 and talk to an accident attorney.