Red and Yellow Light Accidents Lawyer
In 2022, the headlines read: LA driver drives through the red light and crashes into five cars at an intersection. Due to this, a pregnant woman and child among six deas as seven fight injuries.
Red and yellow light accidents are types of car accidents that occur when a driver disregards a traffic signal and collides with another vehicle or pedestrian.
A Closer Look
Red and yellow light accidents are unfortunately common in Los Angeles and can cause serious injuries and property damage. Here’s what you need to know:
Red light accidents: These accidents occur when a driver runs a red light and collides with another vehicle or pedestrian who has the right of way. Red light accidents can be caused by various factors, such as distracted driving, speeding, or impaired driving.
Yellow light accidents: These accidents occur when a driver fails to stop or slow down for a yellow light and collides with another vehicle or pedestrian. Yellow light accidents can also be caused by various factors, such as distracted driving, speeding, or impaired driving.
If you have been involved in a red or yellow light accident in Los Angeles, it’s important to seek medical attention immediately and contact a personal injury attorney as soon as possible. An experienced attorney can help you understand your legal options, gather evidence, and represent you in negotiations with insurance companies or in court.
Additionally, it’s important to note that California is a comparative fault state, which means that multiple parties can be held responsible for an accident. If you were partially at fault for the accident, you may still be able to recover compensation for your damages and losses, although the amount you are eligible to receive may be reduced proportionally to your level of fault.
Overall, if you have been involved in a red or yellow light accident in Los Angeles, it’s important to take action quickly to protect your rights and pursue the compensation you deserve.
What Causes Red And Yellow Light Accidents In LA?
Some of the most common moving violations that lead to red and yellow signal crashes in Los Angeles include:
- Running a red light: This is the most obvious violation that can cause a red signal crash. Drivers who run red lights put themselves and other road users at risk of serious injury or death.
- Failure to yield: When drivers fail to yield the right of way to other vehicles or pedestrians, it can result in a yellow signal crash. This violation is often seen when drivers are turning left or making a U-turn.
- Speeding: Drivers who are traveling at high speeds are more likely to run red lights or fail to stop in time for a yellow light. Speeding can also make it more difficult to control a vehicle and react to changing traffic conditions.
- Distracted driving: Drivers who are distracted by their phones, passengers, or other activities may not notice a traffic signal turning red or yellow, or they may not react quickly enough to stop in time.
- Improper turning: Drivers who turn left or right without properly signaling or checking for other vehicles or pedestrians can cause a yellow signal crash.
- Reckless driving: Reckless driving includes behaviors like weaving in and out of traffic, tailgating, and other aggressive driving behaviors. These behaviors can lead to red and yellow signal crashes.
- Driving under the influence: Drivers who are under the influence of drugs or alcohol are more likely to make poor driving decisions, including running red lights or failing to yield the right of way.
Liability for Red and Yellow Light Accidents
In a red and yellow light accident in Los Angeles, the driver who caused the accident by violating traffic laws and signals may be held liable for monetary damages. However, liability may also extend to other parties depending on the specific circumstances of the accident. These parties may include:
- The owner of the vehicle: If the at-fault driver was driving a vehicle owned by someone else, the owner of the vehicle may be held liable if they allowed an incompetent or unlicensed driver to operate their vehicle.
- The employer of the driver: If the at-fault driver was driving a company vehicle or was on the job at the time of the accident, the employer may be held liable for any damages caused.
- The government entity responsible for maintaining the roadway and traffic signals: In some cases, a red or yellow light accident may be caused by a malfunctioning traffic signal or other roadway defects. In these cases, the government entity responsible for maintaining the roadway may be held liable.
To prove your case in a red or yellow light accident, you will need to show that the other driver was negligent and that their negligence was the cause of your injuries and other losses. This can be done by collecting evidence such as police reports, witness statements, and video footage of the accident.
You may also need to provide medical records and other documentation to show the extent of your injuries and the financial losses you have suffered as a result of the accident.
An experienced personal injury attorney can help you gather and present this evidence, negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf, and pursue the compensation you deserve through settlement negotiations or litigation.
The Pacific Attorney Group Can Help
The Pacific Attorney Group can help if you have been involved in a red or yellow light accident in Los Angeles. Our team of experienced personal injury attorneys can help you determine liability for the accident, gather evidence to support your claim, and pursue the compensation you deserve for your injuries and other losses.
Our services include:
- Investigation of the accident to determine the cause and liability.
- Gathering of evidence to support your claim, including police reports, witness statements, and video footage.
- Communication and negotiation with insurance companies on your behalf.
- Preparation of a strong case to present in settlement negotiations or in court, if necessary.
- Pursuit of compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages.
The Pacific Attorney Group understands how devastating a red or yellow light accident can be, and we are committed to helping our clients recover physically, emotionally, and financially.
Contact us for a free consultation to learn more about how we can assist you with your case.