Left Turn Accident Lawyer
Left turn accidents are a common type of car accident that occurs in Los Angeles and throughout the United States. They typically occur when a driver makes a left turn in front of an oncoming vehicle, resulting in a collision.
If you have been in an accident due to a left turn by another vehicle, contact an attorney and get the help you deserve.
Causes of Left Turn Accidents
Some common causes of left turn accidents in LA include:
- Failing to yield: When a driver fails to yield to oncoming traffic, they may turn left in front of a vehicle, causing a collision.
- Misjudging speed: If a driver misjudges the speed of oncoming traffic, they may turn left in front of a vehicle, causing a collision.
- Distracted driving: If a driver is distracted by their phone, music, or other activities, they may not see oncoming traffic and make a left turn in front of a vehicle.
- Intoxication: If a driver is under the effect of alcohol, their judgment and reaction time may be impaired, increasing the likelihood of a left turn accident.
If you have been injured in a left turn accident in Los Angeles, it’s important to consult with an experienced personal injury attorney. An attorney can help you understand your legal rights and options and pursue compensation for your injuries and damages.
Left Turn Accident Statistics
According to data from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), left-turn accidents are a significant cause of car accidents and fatalities in the United States. Here are some statistics related to left-turn accidents:
- Left-turn accidents account for roughly 22% of all crashes that occur at intersections.
- Left-turn accidents result in a higher number of fatalities compared to other types of accidents at intersections.
- One study found that left turn accidents were responsible for 61% of all crashes that occurred at T-intersections.
- In a review of fatal crashes at intersections in Los Angeles County, left turn accidents were found to be the most common type of intersection accident, accounting for 36% of all intersection fatalities.
- A review of intersection accidents in California found that left-turn accidents were more likely to result in severe injuries or fatalities compared to other types of intersection accidents.
Overall, left-turn accidents are a significant cause of injury and death on our roads and highways.
Who’s at Fault in a Left-Hand Turn Accident in LA?
In a left-hand turn accident in LA, the person making the left-hand turn is usually considered at fault for the accident. This is because left-hand turns are generally considered to be more dangerous and risky than other types of turns, as the driver making the left-hand turn is crossing into oncoming traffic.
However, there are some exceptions to this rule. For example, if the driver making the left-hand turn had a green arrow indicating that it was safe to turn, and the other driver was speeding or ran a red light, the other driver may be found at fault for the accident.
Ultimately, fault in a left-hand turn accident will depend on the specific facts and circumstances of the accident. If you have been involved in a left-hand turn accident, it is important to speak with an experienced personal injury attorney who can evaluate the facts of your case and help you determine who is at fault.
Settlements in Left Turn Car Accidents in LA
Settlements in left-turn car accidents in LA can vary greatly depending on the specific circumstances of the accident and the injuries sustained. Typically, settlements in these types of accidents will be based on the following factors:
- Liability: Who was at fault for the accident? If the driver making the left turn was found to be at fault, they would likely be responsible for paying damages.
- Damages: What types of damages were sustained as a result of the accident? This can include medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and property damage.
- Insurance coverage: How much insurance coverage does each driver have? This will impact the amount of compensation that is available.
In general, settlements in left-turn car accidents can range from a few thousand dollars to several hundred thousand dollars or more.
To ensure that you receive a fair settlement, it is important to work with an experienced personal injury attorney who can help you negotiate with insurance companies and advocate for your rights.
Is the Car Making a Left Turn Always at Fault in LA?
The car making a left turn is not always at fault in LA. While it is generally true that the left-turning vehicle is often considered at fault, liability ultimately depends on the specific circumstances of the accident.
If the other driver was speeding, running a red light or stop sign, or driving under the influence, they might be found liable for the accident, even if the other vehicle was making a left turn.
Similarly, if the person making the left turn had a green arrow indicating that they had the right of way, the other driver may be found liable. Ultimately, the fault is determined based on a variety of factors, including the actions of each driver leading up to the accident, road, and weather conditions, and any other relevant factors.
How Can Pacific Attorney Group Help in Left Turn Accidents
The Pacific Attorney Group can help in left turn accidents in a number of ways, including:
- Conducting a thorough investigation: Our team of experienced attorneys will conduct a thorough investigation into the circumstances surrounding your left turn accident to determine who is at fault.
- Gathering evidence: We will gather evidence such as surveillance footage, and police reports to support your case.
- Negotiating with insurance companies: Our attorneys have experience negotiating with insurance companies to ensure you receive a fair settlement.
- Representing you in court: If necessary, our attorneys will represent you in court to ensure your rights are protected and to seek maximum compensation for your injuries and damages.
- Providing guidance and support: Our team will provide you with guidance and support throughout the entire legal process, answering any questions you may have and providing you with regular updates on your case.
Overall, the Pacific Attorney Group can provide you with the legal expertise and support you need to navigate the complex legal process of a left-turn accident case and seek the compensation you deserve.
Contact us today for a free consultation. During the consultation, you can discuss the specifics of your case and the legal options available to you.