Delivery truck accidents are relatively common in Los Angeles, given the high volume of commercial activity in the area. Los Angeles is home to the Port of Los Angeles, one of the busiest ports in the world, which sees significant amounts of goods and products being shipped in and out of the city.
Additionally, the high population density and traffic congestion in Los Angeles can increase the risk of accidents involving delivery trucks.
The consequences of these accidents can range from minor property damage to serious injuries or even death. If you have been involved in a delivery truck accident in Los Angeles, it is important to seek the help of an experienced attorney who can help you understand your legal options.
What to Do After a Delivery Truck Accident in Los Angeles?
If you have been involved in a delivery truck accident in Los Angeles, here are some steps you should take:
- Seek Medical Attention: Your health and safety should be your first priority. Seek medical attention for any injuries sustained in the accident.
- Contact the Police: Call 911 to report the accident and have the police come to the scene. The police will create an accident report, which will be important for any legal claims.
- Gather Information: Get the name, contact information, and insurance details of the truck driver and any other drivers involved in the accident. Also, gather the contact information of any witnesses to the accident.
- Document the Scene: Take photos and videos of the accident scene, including damage to vehicles, skid marks, and any other evidence that may help in determining liability.
- Contact a Delivery Truck Accident Lawyer: A lawyer experienced in delivery truck accidents can advise you on your legal rights and help you pursue any claims for compensation for your injuries and damages.
It is important to act quickly and seek legal advice as soon as possible after a delivery truck accident to ensure that your rights are protected, and you receive the compensation you deserve.
Liability and Fault for Los Angeles Delivery Truck Accidents
Liability and fault for delivery truck accidents in Los Angeles depend on various factors, including the cause of the accident and the parties involved. Some common parties who may be liable for a delivery truck accident in Los Angeles include:
- The Driver of the Delivery Truck: If the driver of the delivery truck was negligent in some way, such as driving while distracted, fatigued, or under the influence of drugs or alcohol, they may be held liable for the accident.
- The Delivery Company: The company that employs the driver may be held liable if they failed to properly train the driver, maintain the truck, or enforce safety regulations.
- Other Drivers: If another driver on the road was at fault for the accident, such as by running a red light or failing to yield, they may be held liable.
- The Truck Manufacturer: If the accident was caused by a defect in the truck or one of its parts, the manufacturer may be held liable.
A Recent Example
A family from Orange County is filing a wrongful death lawsuit against Amazon after their 2-year-old daughter was killed by an Amazon delivery van in 2022. The attorney of their family mentions that Amazon is denying responsibility for the accident and claims that the third party is to be blamed. The delivery company claims that Amazon is not liable and the driver was contracted through a third-party source.
Determining liability and fault in a delivery truck accident can be complex, and it’s important to consult with an experienced personal injury lawyer who can help you navigate the legal process and protect your rights.
Compensation Recovery for Your Delivery Truck Accident
If you have been involved in a delivery truck accident in Los Angeles, you may be entitled to different types of compensation. The compensation depends on the circumstances of your case. Some types of compensation you may be able to recover include:
- Medical Expenses: This includes current and future medical bills related to your injuries.
- Lost Wages and Reduced Earning Capacity: You may be entitled to compensation for the income you lost while you were unable to work, as well as any reduction in your earning capacity in the future.
- Property Damage: If your vehicle or other property was damaged in the accident, you can seek compensation for the cost of repairs or replacement.
- Pain and Suffering: You may be entitled to compensation for physical and emotional pain and suffering resulting from the accident.
- Mental Anguish: This includes any emotional distress, anxiety, or depression caused by the accident.
- Disfigurement: If the accident caused scarring or other permanent disfigurements, you can seek compensation for the physical and emotional effects.
- Wrongful Death: If a loved one died in a delivery truck accident, you may be able to recover compensation for their medical expenses, funeral costs, and loss of support and companionship.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: This includes expenses such as transportation to medical appointments, home modifications to accommodate your injuries, and other related costs.
Complexity and How Pacific Attorney Group Can Help
Delivery truck accidents can be complex, involving multiple parties, insurance companies, and legal regulations. It can be challenging for an individual to navigate the legal process and ensure they receive fair compensation for their damages.
We at the Pacific Attorney Group can help in various ways, including:
- Conducting an independent investigation into the accident to determine liability and fault.
- Collecting evidence such as witness statements, police reports, and medical records to build a strong case.
- Negotiating with insurance companies to ensure you receive a fair settlement.
- Representing you in court if necessary to secure the compensation you deserve.
- Providing emotional support and guidance throughout the legal process.
With years of experience handling delivery truck accident cases, the Pacific Attorney Group can provide the legal expertise and resources needed to pursue a successful claim.
We offer free consultation, you can contact us today, and we will answer all your queries by taking you through how we can fight the case.