Have You Been Injured In A Sacramento Car Accident?
Car accidents have the potential to cause immense upheaval in a person’s life. Individuals injured in these incidents and families who have tragically lost loved ones due to someone else’s negligence rightfully deserve compensation for medical expenses, lost income and the pain and suffering endured.
Car accidents are unexpected, often leaving victims with not only physical injuries but also emotional and financial burdens. If you find yourself in such a situation in Sacramento, it’s crucial to understand your rights and the legal avenues available to you. An experienced Sacramento car accident lawyer can advocate for your rights, confronting insurance companies to ensure you receive every rightful dollar you deserve.
Contact Pacific Attorney Group right away to get a FREE CONSULTATION for your case.
Dangerous Intersections in Sacramento
Sacramento is one of the largest cities with the busiest streets in California. According to SafeTREC’s Transportation Injury Mapping System data, 3,874 traffic collisions happened in Sacramento in 2021. These accidents resulted in 68 fatalities and 5,681 injuries. 27% of the traffic collisions were pedestrian-related, 5.8% bike-related, and 4.7% were motorcycle collisions.
Among the major causes of the traffic collisions were noted to be unsafe speed. 32.71% of all accidents involved motorists traveling at unsafe speeds. There are intersections in Sacramento that have frequently recorded traffic collisions over the years. They include;
- Elder Creek Road and Stockton Boulevard
- Franklin Boulevard and Mack Road
- 12th Street and B Street
- Folsom Boulevard and Howe Avenue
- Meadowview Road and 24th Street
What if you were the driver of the second vehicle, the vehicle that struck the car in front? What if the insurance company delays the payment of your claim or offers you a settlement that doesn’t cover all of your bills? A Sacramento car accident lawyer can help you in any matter that arises with your rear-end accident insurance claim to protect your rights and work toward a resolution that grants you the highest possible settlement.
Understanding Compensation After a Car Accident
In Sacramento, accident victims can seek compensation for:
- Medical Expenses: Including hospital bills, surgeries, medications, and rehabilitation.
- Lost Income: Compensation for wages lost due to injuries and recovery time.
- Property Damage: Repair or replacement costs for damaged vehicles.
- Pain and Suffering: Non-economic damages for physical and emotional distress.
- Legal Fees: If you hire an attorney, their fees might be covered as part of the settlement.
After a car accident, focus on your recovery. Seek legal counsel if needed, ensuring you understand your rights and options. Remember, your well-being is paramount, and seeking professional help can alleviate the stress during this challenging time. Stay safe on the roads, stay informed, and drive responsibly.
DOs and DON’Ts After a Car Accident
Your post-accident actions significantly influence the compensation you might receive. To safeguard your rights for damages and injuries, understanding what steps to take and avoid is crucial.
DOs After a Car Accident:
- Ensure Safety: Move to a safe location if possible. Turn on hazard lights and set up warning triangles, if available, to alert other drivers.
- Check for Injuries: Assess your own injuries and check on the well-being of passengers and others involved. Call emergency services if anyone is injured.
- Call the Police: Report the accident to the police, even if it’s minor. Obtain a copy of the police report for insurance purposes.
- Exchange Information: Exchange names, addresses, phone numbers, insurance information, and vehicle details with other drivers involved. Also, note down names and contact information of witnesses.
- Document the Scene: Take photos of the accident scene, including vehicle damages, license plates, and street signs. These can be crucial for insurance claims.
- Seek Medical Attention: Even if injuries seem minor, get a medical checkup. Injuries might not be immediately apparent, and having medical records can be crucial for insurance claims.
- Notify Your Insurance Company: Report the accident to your insurance company as soon as possible. Provide accurate and detailed information about the incident.
- Consult an Attorney: If the accident involves significant damage, injuries, or disputes about liability, consider consulting a car accident attorney. They can guide you through legal proceedings and ensure your rights are protected.
DON’Ts After a Car Accident:
- Admit Fault: Avoid admitting fault or making statements that could be interpreted as an admission of guilt. Stick to the facts when talking to the police, insurance agents, or other parties.
- Discuss the Accident on Social Media: Refrain from posting about the accident on social media platforms. Insurance companies can use your posts against you.
- Delay Medical Attention: Even if injuries seem minor, seek medical attention promptly. Delaying medical care can affect the outcome of insurance claims.
- Neglect Police Report: Always file a police report, even for minor accidents. It provides an official record of the incident, which can be crucial for insurance claims and legal proceedings.
- Accept Early Settlements: Be cautious about accepting quick settlements from insurance companies. Consult an attorney to evaluate the offer and ensure it covers all your damages adequately.
- Ignore Legal Advice: If you’re uncertain about your rights or the compensation you deserve, consult a car accident attorney. Ignoring legal advice can lead to receiving less compensation than you are entitled to.
FAQs on Car Accidents in Sacramento, CA
1. Why file a car accident lawsuit in Sacramento?
If you have suffered an injury due to a car accident in Sacramento, you may be wondering if you should file a lawsuit. The answer to this question depends on the severity of your injuries and the number of damages you seek. If your injuries are minor and do not require surgery or long-term medical treatment, it may not be worth filing a lawsuit. However, suppose there has been extensive damage to your body or property due to an accident.
In that case, you will likely need medical care and long-term medical treatments to recover from your injuries. The more severe your injuries are, the greater the number of damages you have suffered due to an accident. You will likely need to file a lawsuit if you get adequate compensation for your injuries.
2. Why Hire a Sacramento Car Accident Lawyer?
When you are dealing with a severe injury or the loss of a loved one, the last thing that you should have to worry about is the legal aspect of your case. When it comes to Sacramento car accident cases, hiring an experienced Sacramento car accident lawyer is vital to ensure that your issue gets the attention it deserves. Our car accident attorney in Sacramento will work tirelessly on your behalf to ensure that you get the compensation that you deserve and that you get it promptly.
3. What to do After a Car Accident in Sacramento, CA?
If you are a victim of a car accident in Sacramento and suffered an injury or property damage, you must take the appropriate steps to receive top-notch legal representation. This is especially true if you cannot speak for yourself because of injuries, a language barrier, or other issues. Pacific Attorney Group firm offers free consultations with one of our experienced Sacramento car accident lawyer to discuss your case and assist in the best way possible. You can also contact our office if you have any questions about the process or would like more information about our services.
4. How to Prove if the Other Driver was Liable?
To have a successful claim for compensation and damages for an injury or property damage caused by another driver’s negligence, you must have evidence to prove that the other driver was negligent. This will be especially important if your case involves a claim for medical expenses or lost wages and pain and suffering. In addition to our Sacramento car accident lawyer handling these issues on your behalf, we also handle cases pertaining to personal injury claims and wrongful death claims. Contact our office today if you want more information about this type of compensation.
5. Types of Injuries from an Auto Accident in Sacramento, CA
Injuries can come in various forms, such as broken bones or soft tissue damage. The severity of your injuries will determine the kind of compensation that you will be entitled to receive, whether it be from a personal injury claim or a wrongful death claim. Regardless, a Sacramento car accident lawyer will be able to determine the most appropriate compensation for your specific injury.
6. What to do immediately after an accident in Sacramento?
If you are involved in an accident due to another driver’s negligence, you must take immediate action. This could include contacting the police and providing them with information about the accident. It could also include taking pictures of the accident scene and any damage to your vehicle. If you are injured, you should also seek medical treatment immediately so that your injuries do not worsen or become more serious.
7. How much will it Cost to Hire Sacramento Car Accident Lawyer?
Our Sacramento car accident lawyer‘s fees are very reasonable. We take the time to thoroughly review your case and determine the best course of action for your case. Our investigation will be based on the severity of your injuries, precisely how much medical treatment is needed, and how long you will need to recover from your injuries. We are here to help you with all aspects of the accident, from filing a claim for compensation and damages against another driver to assisting you with legal issues related to an auto accident in Sacramento or throughout California.
8. How to handle car-related issues after an accident?
If you were injured in an auto accident, you must immediately handle all of your car-related issues. This includes making sure that your vehicle insurance is current and that all of the repairs are being made to your vehicle. It is also essential that you contact your insurance company as soon as possible so that they can make any necessary adjustments to your policy.
9. How to get a rental car after a car accident in Sacramento?
After a car accident in Sacramento, you may need to get a rental car if your vehicle is not drivable. In addition to this expense, you may also need to pay for damage to your vehicle and any medical costs arising from the accident. This is where our Sacramento car accident lawyer can help! We handle cases pertaining to rental car reimbursement and other types of compensation. Contact us today if you want more information about this type of compensation.
10. How will Sacramento Car Accident Lawyer will help in Determining Fault in a Multi-vehicle Car Accident?
When two or more vehicles are involved in a car accident, the law determines fault according to which vehicle caused the accident. This is known as comparative fault. The law states that each driver has a certain amount of responsibility. If one driver causes an accident due to exceeding their limit of liability, then the other driver must be held accountable for the resulting damages. These damages may include medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
If you have been involved in a car accident due to another driver’s negligence, contact our office today so our legal team can begin handling your case on your behalf.
11. Who will pay Medical Bills After an Accident?
The law states that insurance companies must cover all costs associated with a person’s injuries, including hospitalization and doctor visits. If you were involved in an accident and your insurance company did not pay for all of your medical bills, you may be able to file a lawsuit against the responsible party. This type of lawsuit is known as a “medical malpractice” case. Medical malpractice cases are very complicated, and our legal team is prepared to handle them on your behalf.
12. Types of Lawsuits To File Against Other Drivers
Many different types of lawsuits can be filed against other drivers in an auto accident, such as personal injury claims, wrongful death claims; vehicle liability claims; and property damage claims. These cases are very complicated, and you must hire a Sacramento car accident lawyer to help you with them on your behalf. At Pacific Attorney Group, we have the experience and knowledge to handle these matters on your behalf.
13. Different Types of Auto Insurance
There are many different auto insurance policies, and each approach is different in terms of what it covers. Some policies cover only medical bills, while others may cover lost wages and pain and suffering, among other things. If you were involved in an accident, contact our office today so our legal team can handle your case on your behalf. We have handled hundreds of auto accident cases throughout Sacramento County, and we will be able to take yours too.
14. What is No-fault Policy?
Most drivers in California have a “no-fault” automobile insurance policy that covers them for damages related to their vehicle when it is involved in an accident with another car or a pedestrian. This type of policy does not require the driver to prove fault on their part for an accident; instead, it simply pays for all medical costs associated with an injury regardless of whether the driver caused the accident or not. If you were involved in an accident due to another driver’s negligence without having any fault for it yourself, it is advised that you contact a Sacramento car accident lawyer to discuss the details of your case.
15. What is Comprehensive Auto Insurance Policy?
The most common auto insurance policy that drivers have is known as a “comprehensive” policy. This type of policy covers the driver for damages related to the vehicle, whether it is physical damage to the car or lost wages incurred due to an accident. For this type of policy to pay for these damages, there must be proof that the driver was at fault for causing the accident.
If you were involved in an accident due to someone else’s negligence and did not cause it, it is advised that you contact our office so we can help you with your case on your behalf. We have handled hundreds of cases throughout Sacramento County, and we will be able to take yours too.
16. How much can I expect to be paid after a car accident in Sacramento?
In most cases involving an automobile accident in Sacramento, the at-fault party’s insurance company will attempt to negotiate with you regarding all of the financial losses allegedly caused by their negligence. In some cases, they may offer a settlement amount that is significantly less than what you are entitled to receive. If this is the case, our legal team will work hard on your behalf so that all of your losses are paid for. Contact us today if you want more information about this type of compensation.
17. What is the Time to File Claim After an Auto Accident in Sacramento?
By law, when a person is injured due to an automobile accident, they have three years from the date of the accident to file a claim with their insurance company. Suppose you have been involved in an automobile accident due to another driver’s negligence. In that case, you should contact our office immediately so that our legal team can begin handling your claim on your behalf.
The law states that to be compensated for medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering, you must hire an experienced personal injury attorney. If you believe you may be entitled to compensation from the at-fault party’s insurance company or your insurance policy, we will work hard on your behalf to pay all of your losses. Contact us today if you want more information about this type of compensation.