Woman Killed in Santa Ana Pedestrian Accident on Harbor Boulevard near West Kent Avenue
Santa Ana, California (August 2, 2021) – A woman died after being hit by a vehicle Monday night in Santa Ana, authorities reported.
The crash occurred just after 8:00 p.m. Monday, August 30, in the 800 block of Harbor Boulevard, just north of West Kent Avenue.
Authorities said the woman was in the street when, for unknown reasons, a vehicle struck her.
Fatal Santa Ana Pedestrian Accident on Harbor Boulevard
The woman, whose name has not been disclosed pending family notification, was killed in the crash.
The driver of the vehicle involved remained at the scene and was cooperative, investigators said. Intoxication was not suspected of having been a factor in the collision.
No arrests have been made following the crash.
The crash remains under investigation.
Notable Pedestrian Accident Statistics According to the California Office of Traffic Safety:
- 893 pedestrians were killed, and more than 14,000 were injured on California roadways in 2018.
- California’s pedestrian fatality is almost 25% higher than the national average.
- California is among the leading states in pedestrian deaths.
Safety Tips for Pedestrians
- Make yourself visible to other road users by wearing bright colored clothes, reflector jackets, or using a flashlight when walking at night.
- Avoid distractions such as using your phone while on the streets.
- Cross streets on marked crosswalks and obey traffic lights.
- Always pay attention to your surroundings.
- Be predictable by observing all traffic rules and obeying signs and signals.
Safety Tips for Drivers
- Look out for pedestrians, particularly in hard-to-see conditions, for example, at night and in bad weather.
- Yield and be ready to stop whenever a pedestrian has the right-of-way.
- Be cautious when parking or backing up – pedestrians can move across your path.
- Observe all traffic rules.
If you have lost someone you love in a pedestrian accident and need legal help, call our law office at Click to call : 866-803-6502 and talk to an accident attorney.