William Wight ID’d as Man Killed in Lake County Collision on Highway 29 near Mirabel Road
Lake County, California (August 5, 2021) – Authorities have identified the man who died following a Saturday morning traffic crash south of Middletown in Lake County as William James Wight, 51, of Hidden Valley Lake.
The deadly collision occurred at around 8:37 a.m. Saturday, July 31, on Highway 29, just south of Mirabel Road, the California Highway Patrol reported.
According to the CHP, a 2020 Ford pickup truck, driven by Wight, was heading southbound on Highway 29 while a 2016 International truck, driven by Frederick Gibson II, 34, of Roseville, was traveling northbound.
For unknown reasons, the International veered off the east road edge and reentered the road. It then went out of control across both lanes of traffic.
Wight swerved onto the west shoulder in an attempt to avoid the collision but was not successful. Wight’s pickup truck was ultimately broadsided by Gibson’s truck.
Victim Killed in Lake County Crash Identified as Hidden Valley Lake Man
Wight was pronounced deceased at the scene.
Gibson sustained minor injuries.
The CHP said neither alcohol nor drugs were suspected factors in the collision.
The accident remains under investigation.
Tips on What to do after a Car Accident in California
- Always stop and remain at the scene.
- Check if you or your passengers have been injured. In case someone is hurt, call emergency services or ask someone else to help.
- Get to safety – If your car is drivable, move it to a safe area. If it’s not, turn your hazard lights on and set up flares.
- Call 911 to report the accident.
- Never discuss or admit fault. Instead, wait for a police officer and insurance companies representatives to figure out the fault.
- Document the accident and exchange information with other drivers.
If you have lost someone you love in a car accident and need legal help, call our law office at Click to call : 866-803-6502 and talk to an accident attorney.