William Romero Killed in Bakersfield Pedestrian Accident on Taft Highway
Bakersfield, California (September 3, 2021) –25-year-old William Alejandro Romero has been identified as the Bakersfield man who died after being struck by a vehicle Tuesday night in Bakersfield, according to a report by the Kern County Coroner’s Office.
The deadly crash happened in the 5400 block of Taft Highway at about 8:48 p.m. on August 31.
As per the Bakersfield Police Department dispatch, Alejandro Romero was hit by a vehicle on the roadway under unclear circumstances.
William Romero Fatal Bakersfield Crash
William Alejandro sustained major injuries and was declared dead at the crash site.
Officials affirmed the involved motorist remained at the scene and cooperated with the law enforcers.
Intoxication was not believed to have played a role in the wreck.
An investigation into the accident is underway.
Notable Pedestrian Accident Statistics According to the California Office of Traffic Safety:
- 893 pedestrians were killed, and more than 14,000 were injured on California roadways in 2018.
- California’s pedestrian fatality is almost 25% higher than the national average.
- California is among the leading states in pedestrian deaths.
Safety Tips for Pedestrians
- Make yourself visible to other road users by wearing bright colored clothes, reflector jackets, or using a flashlight when walking at night.
- Avoid distractions such as using your phone while on the streets.
- Cross streets on marked crosswalks and obey traffic lights.
- Always pay attention to your surroundings.
- Be predictable by observing all traffic rules and obeying signs and signals.
Safety Tips for Drivers
- Look out for pedestrians, particularly in hard-to-see conditions, for example, at night and in bad weather.
- Yield and be ready to stop whenever a pedestrian has the right-of-way.
- Be cautious when parking or backing up – pedestrians can move across your path.
- Observe all traffic rules.
If you lost a loved one in a pedestrian accident , contact Pacific Attorney Group today to talk to an experienced car accident attorney. Click to call : 866-803-6502.