Man, Woman Killed in South Los Angeles Crash on 110 Freeway near Slauson Avenue
South Los Angeles, California (August 2, 2021) – Wamervee Walton, 30, was arrested after a traffic accident that killed two people Sunday morning in South Los Angeles, authorities said.
The deadly head-on crash transpired at about 4:40 a.m. Sunday, August 1, on the southbound side of the Harbor (110) Freeway near Slauson Avenue.
According to the authorities, a 2017 Buick Regal driven by Walton, broadsided a 2014 Hyundai Elantra carrying a 43-year-old man and a 40-year-old woman.
2 Killed in South Los Angeles 2-Vehicle Accident
Both occupants of the Elantra were pronounced dead at the scene. The names of the victims have not been disclosed pending notification of their respective families.
Investigators later determined that Walton was under the influence of drugs or alcohol at the time of the accident.
Walton was ultimately arrested on suspicion of DUI.
Further details regarding the collision were not immediately available.
The crash remains under investigation. Anyone with information about the collision is asked to call the California Highway Patrol’s Central Los Angeles Area office at 213-744-2331.
Tips on What to do after a Car Accident in California
- Always stop and remain at the scene.
- Check if you or your passengers have been injured. In case someone is hurt, call emergency services or ask someone else to help.
- Get to safety – If your car is drivable, move it to a safe area. If it’s not, turn your hazard lights on and set up flares.
- Call 911 to report the accident.
- Never discuss or admit fault. Instead, wait for a police officer and insurance companies representatives to figure out the fault.
- Document the accident and exchange information with other drivers.
If you have lost someone you love in a car accident and need legal help, call our law office at Click to call : 866-803-6502 and talk to an accident attorney.