According to DPS, the first crash happened when an SUV heading west changed lanes on U.S. 60. That led to a series of collisions involving seven other vehicles, including a loaded commercial dump truck from GT Hauling
Tempe, Ariz. – A child was killed after a two separate multi-vehicle collision on Highway 60 in Tempe Monday morning.
According to a police report, the wreck happened at around 8 a.m. on US 60 near the Rural Road.
According to DPS, the first crash happened when an SUV heading west changed lanes on U.S. 60. That led to a series of collisions involving seven other vehicles, including a loaded commercial dump truck from GT Hauling.
A pickup truck pulling a utility trailer going west then struck the concrete median, crossed over into the eastbound HOV lane and rolled onto its side.
Several people including two children were transported to the hospital with serious injuries, where one of the children succumbed to their injuries.
Tempe, Ariz. – Several people were injured in a multi-vehicle collision in Tempe on Monday morning, according to the Arizona Department of Public Safety.
The incident took place on US 60 near the Rural Road exit.
At least nine vehicles collided on the westbound side of the highway.
An unoccupied patrol vehicle was also impacted in the incident.
Several people were injured in the crash. The number of those hurt and the extent of their injuries was not specified.
Both directions of US 60 were shut down as crews worked to clear the debris from the traffic lanes.
The cause of the incident is under investigation.
Have You Lost a Loved One in a Multi-Car Accident?
A multi-vehicle collision is one of the most catastrophic forms of traffic accidents, generally occurring on high-capacity and high-speed routes such as freeways. Being involved in such an accident can be overwhelming, both physically and emotionally. At Pacific Attorney Group, our team of car accident lawyers is dedicated to guiding you through the entire process by building a strong case and seeking fair compensation for your injuries and damages. Contact us today for a free and confidential consultation with a skilled car accident attorney. Click to call : 866-803-6502.
What To Do Immediately After A Car Accident
The aftermath of a car accident can be a traumatizing and disorienting experience. It is therefore important to stay calm and prioritize your safety and that of those involved in the crash. Below is a step-by-step guide on what to do to navigate the aftermath of a crash and protect your interests.
- Stay calm and check on injuries. – Calmly assess yourself for injuries before making sure everyone else is okay.
- Prioritize safety – Move your vehicle to a safe location and activate the hazard lights to alert other drivers. Exit the vehicle to avoid the risk of secondary collisions.
- Contact the police and emergency services – Call the police as soon as possible and ask for an ambulance if anyone has been injured. The police will document the incident and prepare a report of the incident.
- Exchange information – Exchange contact and insurance information with all the involved parties. If there are witnesses, try to get their contact information as well.
- Document the accident- Take photos of the accident scene, including the damage to vehicles, license plates, and the surrounding area. Keep copies of the police report, medical bills, injury treatment plans, and any other documents related to the accident.
- Do not admit fault – Provide accurate information to the police and don’t talk with the other parties’ insurance companies before speaking to your attorney. Also, avoid signing any documents without a clear understanding of their implications.
- Contact your insurance company – Notify your insurance company as soon as possible and provide them with accurate information about the accident.
- Seek medical treatment – It is advisable to seek medical attention regardless of the severity of your injuries since some injuries may not be immediately apparent.
- Call a car accident lawyer – A personal injury attorney will help you understand your legal options and assist you in filing a personal injury claim if necessary.